Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, picked up a 2011 Cross Roads last weekend and have already put over 500 miles on it this week. Man what a sweet ride. Coming from a VTX1300, this Victory rides smoother, handles better and just performs better all round. Came with the matching trunk and forged highway bars already on it. Only issues so far is the handlebars need to be back further and the windshield is too tall for me. Already ordered the pullback bars for it. I've been riding for almost ten years now. All on Hondas. Rode a little back in high school, but after that family came first. Glad I got back into riding. Looking forward to getting advice on here on ways to customize my ride. Thanks.

Chad in McDonough, Ga.
cheers

·
Registered
29 Posts
Former VTX1300

Hi all, picked up a 2011 Cross Roads last weekend and have already put over 500 miles on it this week. Man what a sweet ride. Coming from a VTX1300, this Victory rides smoother, handles better and just performs better all round. Came with the matching trunk and forged highway bars already on it. Only issues so far is the handlebars need to be back further and the windshield is too tall for me. Already ordered the pullback bars for it. I've been riding for almost ten years now. All on Hondas. Rode a little back in high school, but after that family came first. Glad I got back into riding. Looking forward to getting advice on here on ways to customize my ride. Thanks.Chad in McDonough, Ga.
cheers
Chad I'm interested to know what model VTX you are coming off of and furthermore what Victory engine size you just acquired? I too own a VTX mine being a 1300C, and I'm looking at a new 2014 or 15 Hammer 8 Ball (106ci).

Having 500 miles seat time in the Victory is there a noticeable difference between the two in cornering regarding which bikes pedals touches down first? I like my VTX in that I can really lean it over without the pedals touching the road.

Most important how much of an improvement in acceleration is the Victory over the VTX? Is it night and day or just a little bit?

Thanks Cobra:)

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Welcome Chad and Congrats on the Crossroads. thumb up

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chad I'm interested to know what model VTX you are coming off of and furthermore what Victory engine size you just acquired? I too own a VTX mine being a 1300C, and I'm looking at a new 2014 or 15 Hammer 8 Ball (106ci).

Having 500 miles seat time in the Victory is there a noticeable difference between the two in cornering regarding which bikes pedals touches down first? I like my VTX in that I can really lean it over without the pedals touching the road.

Most important how much of an improvement in acceleration is the Victory over the VTX? Is it night and day or just a little bit?

Thanks Cobra:)
Cobra, I had the 1300S. So far riding the same roads I normally do, I haven't scrapped floorboards yet. Only timed I scraped was the exhaust one time riding two up. I adjusted the air suspension a little to hopefully help that. Now I'm not the most aggressive rider and am still feeling this new bike out. But to me it feels better in the turns. Where I would scrape on the VTX I haven't yet on the Vic. Not sure how it would compare to the "C" though. And yes, this has lots more acceleration than the VTX did. Hope this helps a little.

Chad in McDonough, Ga

·
Registered
29 Posts
Victory Build Quality

Cobra, I had the 1300S. So far riding the same roads I normally do, I haven't scrapped floorboards yet. Only timed I scraped was the exhaust one time riding two up. I adjusted the air suspension a little to hopefully help that. Now I'm not the most aggressive rider and am still feeling this new bike out. But to me it feels better in the turns. Where I would scrape on the VTX I haven't yet on the Vic. Not sure how it would compare to the "C" though. And yes, this has lots more acceleration than the VTX did. Hope this helps a little.

Chad in McDonough, Ga
Chad thanks for taking the time to reply.....we still have three feet of bloody snow here (Northern Ontario) so motorcycle riding is probably still a good six weeks away.......how would you rate the build quality of the Victory compared to that of the Honda? The closest Victory dealer for me is 200 miles away so I have not had a chance to see one up close yet, but I plan to make a trip soon.

Cobra::confused:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Chad thanks for taking the time to reply.....we still have three feet of bloody snow here (Northern Ontario) so motorcycle riding is probably still a good six weeks away.......how would you rate the build quality of the Victory compared to that of the Honda? The closest Victory dealer for me is 200 miles away so I have not had a chance to see one up close yet, but I plan to make a trip soon.

I think the build quality is a lot better than the VTX. I've always ridden Hondas and I think this Victory just feels more solid all around.
Hope you get an early spring! Cheers

Chad in McDonough, Ga

·
Registered
139 Posts

Where abouts in Northern Ontario are you? It's a big place for those of us who are "locals" lol

I'm in Sudbury but travel a lot between North Bay, SSM Marie, and Timmins as well as down south. I get over to the NW every fall for hunting season.

Mid City Motorsportswww is my local dealership. Great people to deal with. I believe there is one in Timmins too.

Mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Victory Mid City Motorsports

Where abouts in Northern Ontario are you? It's a big place for those of us who are "locals" lol

I'm in Sudbury but travel a lot between North Bay, SSM Marie, and Timmins as well as down south. I get over to the NW every fall for hunting season.

Mid City Motorsportswww is my local dealership. Great people to deal with. I believe there is one in Timmins too.

Mike
Mike thanks for the comment about Mid City as I live in the Soo and my 200 mile trip is to Sudbury (where you live) to look at the Hammer 8 Ball. I haven't called them yet to see if they have one in the showroom, I'm hoping that I can get an up close look. The closest that I have gotten to a Victory was one of the workers at my place of employment came into the H.R Department where I work and he was riding a Jackpot. I was immediately drawn to the bike, but after reviewing the model specs on the web site, it has to be an 8 Ball for me. I like the smaller front wheel and the slightly less chopped look of the Hammer.

I guess my biggest fear is that I truly am very happy with my current VTX and I want to make sure that I'm not going to be disappointed with the Hammer. I realize that I won't get much for the VTX (2006 9,000 miles) even though it's mint and don't want to spend $18,000 and be disappointed. The Hammer 8 Ball sure looks like a bad ass bike though!

Cobra;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts