Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just bought a 2004 Vegas, it has about 28K miles on it and a lot of the Ness upgrades. (Bars, grips, mirrors....) I have wanted a Vic for a while now but couldn't justify the price (Still have 4 kids at home and next to no disposable income) I live in North Texas so I pretty much ride year round unless there is ice on the ground.

I have been ridding for over 30 years off and on, this is my first big V twin and I am hoping to learn a lot from this forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I have been ridding the bike for about a month now and have a few questions. Every bike I have owned in the past was Japanese and smaller (The largest I have owned before was a Honda V65 Magna) I have noticed at highway speeds that the the bike feels.... top heavy I guess... I can feel a definite swaying that is a little unsettling, never felt it on another bike (BTW I am 49 and have been riding over 30 years so unless I started losing my balance overnight, it's not me)

Anyone else get whiplash from letting off the throttle? I mean dang, this bike is soooo different from any of the other bikes I have had.

Don't get me wrong, I love this bike, and at my age, it may well be my final bike purchase so I intend to learn to get along with her as best I can.

Anyone else noticed these things?

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
Welcome from CT

·
Registered
682 Posts
So I have been ridding the bike for about a month now and have a few questions. Every bike I have owned in the past was Japanese and smaller (The largest I have owned before was a Honda V65 Magna) I have noticed at highway speeds that the the bike feels.... top heavy I guess... I can feel a definite swaying that is a little unsettling, never felt it on another bike (BTW I am 49 and have been riding over 30 years so unless I started losing my balance overnight, it's not me)

Anyone else get whiplash from letting off the throttle? I mean dang, this bike is soooo different from any of the other bikes I have had.

Don't get me wrong, I love this bike, and at my age, it may well be my final bike purchase so I intend to learn to get along with her as best I can.

My bike is steady as a rock at highway speed. But I know what you mean about letting off the throttle. Shortly after I got the bike I was riding with one hand and I let off the throttle and the damn thing almost threw me off. I make sure I have both hands on the bars when I slow down :crzy:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
No way is that your last bike. I have 27 years on you and look forward to many more years of riding.
In my opinion, and is only that, the Vegas is intended to ride on bike nights, not on long distance high speed rides. If you want a highway performer you want a Vision , Cross Country or Cross Roads. If you are buying a bit older the Kingpin is also a great highway ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts