Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone -- After a 6 yr break due to living overseas, I am back into motorcycles. Just purchased a 2005 Kingpin yesterday. After putting 3,400 miles on it the previous owner left it to set out in the wonderful TX sunshine for 8 or 9 years. :confused:

My plan is to restore it into a bagger with hard bags and perhaps a batwing fairing. This is a retirement sanity project, so I look forward to finding a lot of friendly help here as I go thru the big guy and get everything up to snuff.

Have had bikes since I was 13 yrs old (trust me, that was a looooooong time ago) including Harley, Honda, Suzuki, Cushman, Norton and Moto Guzzi--but never a Victory. So am excited to see what they are all about!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Welcome. Before you get too established- recommend not using your email address as a username. Suggest you either get with an admin to change your username- or just re-register.

You need 2 posts to remove the anti spam restrictions that confine new accounts to this intro forum. If you want to request a change- reply once more, and use the "forum help" section.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Here's Some Pics

Thanks to everyone. Here are a couple of pics of the bike as it looked when I picked it up.

It looks better in pics than in person. You can see the rusting on the exhaust and the oil lines. There is also various corrosion in other places. The paint is faded almost to silver in spots, and most of the plastic is very dried out or cracked. Even the plastic chrome pie wedges have fine surface cracks or crazing running over them.

I plan on posting individual issues in the Tech Forum so I can get some help from folks who may have dealt with some of these issues before. And of course as I stumble across solutions I will be posting those in the Tech Forum as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
You've got yourself a nice project there. Welcome to the forums. I know you'll enjoy your kingpin, as I love the hell out of my '05.

·
Registered
6 Posts
She don't look all that bad from the pics that's for sure. Hopefully you just have to stick to cosmetic issues but looks like a great find. I just recently picked up a Kingpin as well (last month) so can't help much with issues as i am also reading the forums learning all i can. Good luck with the project look forward to seeing your progress

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
Congrats and welcome from Katy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts