Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time Victory owner, first time cruiser owner in fact. I have 25yrs of seat time on crotch rockets and I made the switch today. Picked up a new Hard Ball today, so far love it. I look forward to learning all about the brand and the web site.

·
Registered
634 Posts
That's a good looking bike. Big changes all around from what you say you've been on. Ride safe, good luck.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, it is a big change but so far an easy one. I have ridden a few Harleys in the past obviously that is allot closer experience to what I had been on. I plan on allot of two up riding and just cruising so I am excited. I will say within the first 20 miles I was already digging sitting in the bike instead of draped over it, guess I am getting old lol.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey, 10yr crotch rocket convert here too. I'm keeping my rocket though.
What r ur thoughts on the difference. The biggest surprise for was the fact the the bike handles a lot better than I thought it would.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree handling to me wasn't as bad as some reviews gave it for low speed stuff. I guess being a post crotch rocket guy your used to bad low speed manners lol. At high speed the thing is solid very, very stable. Coming off of crotch rockets I wasnt ready to give up so much of my view of the road. A big reason I liked the Hard Ball over the Cross Country I think. For me I thought the biggest thing to get used to was the bars, which in pics look higher than they actually sit. I have very broad shoulders so for me it helps keep me feeling loose and not hemmed in, or cramped to my legs. That was the feeling I had with the Cross country and a complaint from my previous riding experience. I wish I could of kept my last bike I was coming off a ZX-10r but I had to sell it due to divorce. Anyway I am very happy with the bik so far it has the look and the feel. Oh last thing that really shocked me was how comfortable the stock seat feels so far big plus the old lady agrees about the back seat and the rest.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts