Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Name is Joe, from the Savannah area. Rode my first bike for 5 years, a 2009 SV650SF and put right at 20k on it. Decided to switch to a cruiser type bike and went with 2016 Victory Vegas 8-Ball. I haven't gotten past the 500 mile break in period but I already like the bike. Haven't figured out the first mod yet but one will be along soon.

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Welcome! You'll love it in no time. Mods are like crack. All it takes is one purchase and you just can't stop!

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Welcome from the Pacific Northwet. It takes about 3K miles before that 106 can be considered broken in. Break it in, get used to it - its different than your previous. Ask questions, you're gonna have 'em. Hang in here and learn. Look at our signatures and you'll see what we've done. But be patient Grasshopper.

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Ain't that the truth hey RICZ .... Yup I only started modifying at 4000 Km ...

Welcome to the VIC forum ... How about a picture ??

TaPaTaLk for VIC forum

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome from the Pacific Northwet. It takes about 3K miles before that 106 can be considered broken in. Break it in, get used to it - its different than your previous. Ask questions, you're gonna have 'em. Hang in here and learn. Look at our signatures and you'll see what we've done. But be patient Grasshopper.
This is definitely a different machine. Took a little while to stop putting my feet straight down to hit the pegs. I'm still getting used to the low speed charactaristics of the bike; it absolutely hates anything below 2k RPM. Slow traffic it doesn't really like. Other than that it's awesome. Torque for days. Turns heads everywhere.

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
The 106 ain't no H-D push rod engine. She likes to rev. Keep 'er over 2500 rpm and don't go into 6th gear until you're going over 65 mph. As you get closer to break-in, you can grab higher shift revs--I grab 4500+ quite frequently and have hit the 5400 rpm rev limiter a few times. I may be old, but I'm not slow.
BTW, when starting, open the throttle about 1/8 turn to prevent backfiring and damaging the starter clutch. And how about completing your profile so we know where you hang your hat and a signature so we know whatcha got and what you've done to it.
One more post and you can show us photos.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome. Looking forward to seeing some photos. Any models planned? These bikes look great customized. Here's my gunner:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462063973.319642.jpg

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome from St. Marys, GA. You're gonna love that Vegas 8-ball. Ride safe and enjoy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts