Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! Finally got myself a Victory. Also my first forward control bike. First cruiser. First bagger. First domestic. First big twin. Lot of firsts for me!

Before moving to Nashville I was always sportbikes and supermotos. I’ve found great pleasure getting out of my comfort zone and trying new stuff here.

Pretty excited about it, pics are from getting it ceramic’d. I’ve never had a peacock bike before and am looking forward to it. It joins a KTM 500, SuperDuke R, and an 18 Goldwing (40k miles in 6.5 months).

In any case looking forward to interacting and getting involved. Hope everyone is looking forward to a great Christmas.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Welcome

Good looking bike there fellow. You're going to really enjoy it. I wasn't a bagger person either but I sure love my 14 Victory CCT. .They handle great. Ride south this summer to Manchester and hit the twisties up Mounteagle Mountain and you'll really get to know how well it handles.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good looking bike there fellow. You're going to really enjoy it. I wasn't a bagger person either but I sure love my 14 Victory CCT. .They handle great. Ride south this summer to Manchester and hit the twisties up Mounteagle Mountain and you'll really get to know how well it handles.

That is my closest hill, 65 miles down I-24. Very familiar and looking forward to taking it.

Sent with aloha

·
Premium Member
13,040 Posts
Very nice looking bike. I'm sure it will bring many miles-O-smiles.

I recent heard about the ceramic coatings available now. Not cheap but is supposed to really hold up well to protect the paint job. The prep is the key I guess. Get it gleaming to start with then apply the ceramic coating to get that gleaming shine to last and last. I guess they have recharge products to basically give it a quick recharge after a year or so to keep it durable and looking good.

I think we will start seeing this ceramic product infused into quick detailer sprays. After a few applications you end up with a nicely coated paint job.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Welcome from CT!

·
Registered
599 Posts
welcome to the forum from Elmvale ON Canada....

Nice looking ride congrats on the GREAT choice...you will find all kinds of info available here...

Best of the season to you and yours...

Ride Safe,

Rob

·
Premium Member
6,029 Posts
Welcome to the forum, awsome bike

I have the same cheese wedges ... Nice,

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of Victory. I was never a cruiser guy, but the need for a lower seat height had me going that direction. My XR is the best bike I have owned in over 62 years of riding. It's comfortable, powerful, easy to work on and best of all, carves our NW twisties like a dream.
Lots of good info to be had here, just for the asking. Glad you are here on this forum.
Ric

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all! Here it is completed and outside

What kind of cover is supposed to “bolt” on where the crash bars attach? What part do I search for? Thanks, sorry for the nieveness.

In May when it get “reactivated” (the ceramic) I’ll get the wheels done as well. Looking forward to riding this bike a lot!

Sent with aloha

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
What kind of cover is supposed to “bolt” on where the crash bars attach? What part do I search for? is bike a lot!
I saw a chrome pair advertised on FB's Victory Motorcycle buy sell & trade a while back. That's a great place to look. If you have the ability, you can make your own - I'd use aluminum as it's easier to work with - and paint them flat black so they don't attract attention. Or place button head screws in the holes and paint that area black. If you want crash bars, that FB site has 'em there quite often. There are also very good aftermarket ones for about $140 or less and the guys who bought them say you can't tell them from OEM. Advantages to crash bars are many: mount lights, foot pegs, helmet locks and close-outs for cold weather rides.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts