Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum about to buy my first victory. I was supposed to pick it up today but we had bridges and overpasses closed down due to ice. will have to wait until friday. It is a 4 hour drive one way so i will have a good test ride just to get home.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome aboard and have a safe ride

·
Registered
90 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your new purchase. I just purchased mine on Friday and still have a 120" of snow to melt before I can Ride.. It will be a little after friday.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I am new to this forum about to buy my first victory. I was supposed to pick it up today but we had bridges and overpasses closed down due to ice. will have to wait until friday. It is a 4 hour drive one way so i will have a good test ride just to get home.
Read the break in instructions before you head home. There are very specific instructions on what to do when and the first hundred miles are critical. You can go on line to the Victory site and sign up as a member to obtain a PDF copy of your manual. That way you don't need to sit around the dealership reading.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there anything special about the break in procedure or is it just the normal not riding in the same rpm range for too long and not hitting full throttle acelerating for a while?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Is there anything special about the break in procedure or is it just the normal not riding in the same rpm range for too long and not hitting full throttle acelerating for a while?
Some good information here...

http://www.motorcycleextremist.com/Motorcycle-Engine-Break-in-the-Right-Way!.html

Pay attention to his Step #1 ... allow the engine to come up to proper operating temp before riding. This is something I always do regardless.

My advice...
NEVER blip the throttle on a cold engine. NEVER lug the engine, especially during break in.

Your new Victory will be lugging at rpms below appx 2000. Run it in the 2200 - 3000 range.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts