Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My first post. Been riding metric bikes since 1975. As an engineer for General Motors, I always felt that I should be riding American iron. About every 2 years I visited one of my local Harley dealers with high hopes of switching to an American built bike. On my last visit, an HD dealer in Michigan, I tested a 2009 Road King Classic.

While trying to negotiate my best deal, the salesperson actually said, "This is our best deal. If you don't buy this bike, there's another customer right behind you that will." My wife, pissed as hell, dragged me away. 2 days later that salesperson called to say that they accepted my offer. WTF!

I'm so happy that Victory has given riders like me a real choice for American iron. Thanks.thumb up

·
Registered
190 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome!! Where in Tex are you at?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've had the same thing happen to me before when purchasing a car. The salesmen are banking on the buyer wanting the vehicle more than they want a good deal. But once you walk out the door it pretty much lets them know where things stand.

Congrats on your new ride!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kidwell,
I'm in Dallas. New to Texas. Moved here from Michigan after retirement.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congrats on the new bike as I;m a new vic owner to and so far I love my VV alot it is the best bike I have owned. I hope you have as much fun with yours as much as I have been having with mine.thumb up

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums.

A few helpful pointers,

• Please take the time to read the “Sticky” threads in the “Victory Forums Rules and New Members Introductions” forum. This will help you out a LOT with the Victory Forums.

• The Search feature is your friend! You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

• If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature, please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.
Please add the year and model of your bike to your signature, so we know how to help when you ask a question!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1st 100 Miles

Between work and sleep, I only had the chance to rack up about 100 miles on the new Cross Roads. I'm impressed with the 106 ci Freedom motor. Lots of torque, smooth acceleration, and plenty of reserve power. The only negative is wind buffeting at 80 mph is a bit more than my previous ride. And it may not be excessive - just a different air flow pattern.

This is my first bike with hard bags. I don't know how I did without hard bags all these years. I'll never go back to soft.

Planning to ride the Cross Roads to Palo Duro Canyon in 2 weeks. Nothing like hours in the saddle to really learn how well a bike handles those long highway miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts