Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first Victory. I got a 2014 Victory Cross Country. 3 days later there is a major re-call, not the auspicious greeting I expected.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Read on- it's very limited in scope, and it appears that the solution is out there. I'm not impressed with the relations part of it thus far towards my affected brothers and sisters, but I'm not sure they are done with the announcements yet, either.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome , hopefully your machine is not affected ... cheers

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First I am one of the motorcycles affected...
What bothers me about this is...
1. I had to find out about this re-call here on this board, not from my dealer or Victory/Polaris. I had to call and verify I was affected.
2. After the re-call came out I talked to my Service manager about my my 500mi service and a ride (450 mi) I was going on and nothing was said about the re-call.
3. Upon notifying my dealer about my being affected per my call to Victory/Polaris. I was subsequentially blown off 3 separate attempts (different days and times) with the "we'll have someone call you back" and was never recontacted.
So yes this wasn't what I was expecting when I bought into the dealership new bike hype

·
Registered
784 Posts
Welcome to Victory dealers. Many here say there are good ones around the country. In the DFW area, none have sounded inspiring over the phone, and a couple have been scratched off the list entirely.
Nice bike, great rider, poor dealerships and worse mother ship has been my experience. I was hoping things just started shaky, but they seem to be staying that way.
Hopefully you'll get it checked/fixed and won't need the dealer any longer. I still use the one I bought from for a tire shop because they have better rates than most. Still watch them like a hawk and make no bones that I am.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Congrats and on your purchase and sorry about the recalls impact on burning up the miles on your wonderful machine. As for dealers, I feel very good about the local dealerships available to me in this area. Like others have said, it seems to be hit and miss about the dealerships and their level of customer service around the country. Good luck in getting your ride fixed and back up to speed. I'm hopeful that you will love your XC as much as I enjoy riding mine. Ride Safe!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts