Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running an old 1984 HondaXL350R that i motarded for quite a long time (14ish years actually). Bent a valve in it a couple weeks ago and told the wife I needed a new bike, cause i'm tired of wrenching em to ride. Well she agreed and after researching those 2 weeks I went for test ride.
Well....
I picked up a new 2011 Vegas this past Saturday. I have been commuting on it all week, and I love it. No mods yet other than stage 1 swept system that was put on the day i picked it up. Came on here and have been reading some negative things about the swept system. I like the look of it and I haven't noticed anything negative (from the seat of my pants). It runs like a raped ape!
I have a utopia driver backrest on order, and debating a Linbar. Since i commute on it, i would also like to pick up a fairing, but the wife hates em. May just have to wait until Fall to do that, and only keep it on during cold weather. Also plan on going to a local shop and having my seat re-worked to fit me better. Tail bone gets to hurting about about half an hour. Shop I have talked to is Advanced Design Interiors in Broken Arrow, OK. Has anyone dealt with em?
Any opinions out there on rain gear?
I am so also looking for a sissy bar and passenger back rest, but i think $400 is quite a bit steep from the selections i am finding. I may have to make my own, if i can find a chromer.
Any way, I will get a pic up later. Glad to join up!

Later,
Wes

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Welcome Wes and Congrats on the purchase! Great group of folks around here willing to help you acclimate to the new ride! Enjoy it and safe riding!

Tim

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Welcome Wes. We here in the Pacific Northwet can recommend good rain gear. Mine was custom made for me by a Russian named Rudolph. I went to him because (are you ready for this?) Rudolph The Red Knows Rain Gear!

Seriously, you want 2 piece as its more versatile and easier to put on. A lot of folks like Frogg Toggs and although I haven't tried 'em, according to the high praise, I'm willing to go that route should I need to replace mine. FT are breathable, I think. That's a good thing in warm weather. Non breathable is good as a top layer to keep the wind out. I have done decades of touring and learned that each item must do double or triple duty in order to pack lighter, so think ahead when you buy. Good luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RICZ how funny about Rudolph!

I was looking at Frog Toggs yesterday when i was in Cycle Gear. It is super light, but doesn't look to be very durable. It appears to be made out of that material that Walmart makes their reusable sacks out of, and I have torn up a few of those. I'll see if i can dig up some reviews.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I can't help with the rain gear, but you should consider the lock and ride windshield from Victory. Quick and easy on and off. I got the tall one and wish I had gone for the shorter one. I don't like looking through it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts