Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there! I decided to buy a new motorcycle for myself for my 40th birthday and I really wanted a new Street Glide because I haven't owned anything other than HD for 20 years. So I rented one for the weekend to feel it out and it rode a lot better than my old Fatboy. I thought it was the one until I test rode a Cross Country. A 5 minutes test ride and was all in. I got a great deal on a brand new '14 with ABS and cruise. 500 miles later and I'm in love. I've made a few mods but can't get off it long enough to work on the pile of projects I already have for it.

If anyone is on the fence like I was I seriously recommend checking out a Victory. The only negative to doing so is the cost of the accessories. I think it's a rotten shame that I have to fab my own luggage rack because I refuse to pay $500 for one. I figure for $500, I can roll it in diamonds, dip it in gold, pay someone a hundred bucks to put the 4 bolts on it while I drink $50 coffee and complain about the cost of gas. I sucked it up and bought a used lock and ride backrest on eBay from some guy that had to sell it to pay his house off. What I said.

Ride safe!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats on your new ride, I test rode one at Daytona Bike Week
2 years ago and knew that a Cross Country Tour would be my next
new bike, well I now have a 2015 and love it. Don't know why I waited to get it.
Enjoy and ride safe.
Toby

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Welcome Detroitnado -- what mods and projects do you have in mind?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Glad to have you with us. Our stories are quite similar, tested the street glide and was turned off by the price. Road the XC and bought it.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Welcome!!! I was an HD guy as well... Not a drank the kool aid HD guy but owned a couple. I am on my second victory and am very pleased with the product. My 14 XC has a few goodies on it but am planning a whole pile more. The must have mods are 1/4 throttle ring, PCV, Lloydz intake, Lloydz ATS. If you don't have those done or added already put them on your list!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome to Victory !cheers

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Are you the Travis that recently purchased my laydown license plate bracket? If so, thanks a bunch. If not, click the link below to purdy up your bike. (Shameless self promotion)

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
Are you the Travis that recently purchased my laydown license plate bracket? If so, thanks a bunch. If not, click the link below to purdy up your bike. (Shameless self promotion)

Really Ricz??? You don't know me???

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts