Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings from Southern California....

Just traded in my Harley FXDWG for a 2007 Hammer S, Stage 1, with 3K miles on it....

A few things needed.....the original owner de-badged the bike, I would like to re-badge it.....I will search this site for answers.... any small bag recommendations - where to put it and where to buy....

Bike performance is night and day versus the Harley........

·
13,003 Posts

Just traded in my Harley FXDWG for a 2007 Hammer S, Stage 1, with 3K miles on it....

A few things needed.....the original owner de-badged the bike, I would like to re-badge it.....I will search this site for answers.... any small bag recommendations - where to put it and where to buy....

Go to your dealer and buy them

·
Registered
24 Posts
One of the vendors I can not remember which one has badges for sale that do not say "By Polaris" just Victory Motorcycles. I am sure you will run across them.

·
Premium Member
1,571 Posts

If your looking for tank badges...Barracuda customs makes some pretty nice aftermarket badges..look here..http://www.noemtz.com/tankbadges.htm...as for the saddlebags.....you can find some on ebay at times, but if looking for new factory bags....your dealer can order them if they don't have them in stock.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums.

A couple of pointers. Please take the time to read the “Sticky” threads in the “Victory Forums Rules and New Members Introductions” forum. This will help you out a LOT with the Victory Forums.

The Search feature is your friend! You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.

·
Premium Member
13,175 Posts
A common place to attach a tool bag is on the left swingarm (if it's done right and don't scratch the paint) and right in front of the lower down tubes. I think Diamond did this using a couple P clamps off the downtubes which were hidden by the bag.

I was able to fit a small "Road Ready" bag on forks below the light on my JP. Just big enough for some small things and clear glasses for night riding.

You can always go with a rack on the back and keep a larger bag there. I always found it difficult to keep a bag on the Jackpot and keep it looking good. It's like you have to pick one or the other. Look good or carry stuff. :)

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Welcome aboard! If you need a good mechanic, add Mike from Cycle Dragon to your address book. They're in Cerritos.

Also, since we're looking at being rained out for the whole next week, maybe you have time to kill and write up your own comparison of the two bikes - what you've lost and what you've gained. ;)

If not, at least show us pics of your ride! cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pic attached...not sure if it will come out right - re-sized it to upload...

I had a 2000 Wide Glide, which had every chrome piece available on it as the person who owned it before me worked at a custom shop. Overall, the bike looked great, but the ride was average. The real problem was the knowledge I gained about having tired technology and paying top dollar for it. Additionally, and maybe even a bigger problem was the fact that everyone I rode with had a Harley, everyone had to have a Harley shirt, the loudness of the pipes was more important than performance, the poser mentality kept eating at me. It got to a point that I made sure nothing on me said Harley - shirts, jacket, boots were all just plain.

Combine all of this with the fact that we rode past this one Victory dealer quite a bit and they kept putting a Hammer out in front of the store. We stopped numerous times to look, even took a test drive and all agreed, this was the best looking/performing cruiser we have seen. The others I rode with said they could never sell their Harley because they had over $30k in their bikes. Since I only paid $11k for my Harley in 2008, and I found the exact bike I was looking for for $10.5k, with only 3k miles - I had to pull the trigger.

After two weeks, I don't miss the Harley at all. The Hammer's engine, transmission, lack of vibrations compared to the Harley, and most important is this bike appears to be much more stable. Then there is the power/performance - not even comparable.

The only issues are the lack of a fuel gauge and limited areas for baggage. I don't want to put bags on the back just yet - I like how the bikes looks clean back there. I am getting used to the fuel gauge issue, but it is odd not having one.

Attachments

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Drop dead gorgeous! Ride her safely. Did I say she's gorgeous?! Wow!

·
13,003 Posts
Drop dead gorgeous! Ride her safely. Did I say she's gorgeous?! Wow!
Great looking bike I have a vision and all ways use the trip meter for my fuel. The meter will keep you running the gauge are not all ways right.
NO bags you know what you have and keep the others guessing while they eat your dust.thumb up

·
Registered
368 Posts
Agreed on the HD comments. I traded my '06 Road King on a new '09 Kinpin in Sept. The throttle response & handling put a grin on my face that I never got from the HD.
Pretty amazing how resistant to new technology HD is. Yeah they came out with a new touring frame, 6 speed and most recently a larger engine, but people are complaining about how much hotter they newer models run. The highlights of a new model year shouldn't be what two colors other than "vivid black" will be offered, and how much more they are going to charge for the same bike this year.
There are some video's on YouTube by Arizona Victory that break down some of the tech differences between HD and Victory that are pretty interesting.

I miss the saddlebags the most, and the dual front discs would be nice, but like yourself, I don't want to cover up the good looking rear fender with bags.
Trying to come up with a safe & secure way of mounting a large tool bag to the left side swing arm. I have one mounted across the bottom, front frame rails like shown in the other post, which works for now.
Enjoy your new ride...and all the money you'll be saving on maintenance!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts