Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
greetings from California. I just took delivery of a 2013 Victory Vegas 8 ball from Arlen Ness Victory here. I traded my 2001 Indian Scout in on it. This is my first Victory and look forward to any help concerning upgrades. The exhaust has to be the first to go, I hand a Thunder Header on the Scout. So this Vegas is way to quiet. I am thinking about going with the Stage I kit or just throwing some Vance and Hines slip ons?

·
Registered
690 Posts
No Vance and Hines for us Victory owners. IMO the best sounding and performing pipes for our bikes are the RPW 2 into 1 pipes.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
396 Posts
for the best prices on aftermarket exhausts check out
METRIC THUNDER.thumb up

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Hello,
greetings from California. I just took delivery of a 2013 Victory Vegas 8 ball from Arlen Ness Victory here. I traded my 2001 Indian Scout in on it. This is my first Victory and look forward to any help concerning upgrades. The exhaust has to be the first to go, I hand a Thunder Header on the Scout. So this Vegas is way to quiet. I am thinking about going with the Stage I kit or just throwing some Vance and Hines slip ons?
Yes, what the others said, and don't waste your money on Stage1 anything. That being said, congrats and welcome to the forum. cheers

·
Registered
690 Posts
Well, in my experience, I have a RPW Big slash, stock filter, with stage 1 down load, and I unplugged the o2 sensors. My bike runs flawless.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Well, in my experience, I have a RPW Big slash, stock filter, with stage 1 down load, and I unplugged the o2 sensors. My bike runs flawless.
You got a non-California Stage1 download. For those who ride in the Golden state, we get a gutted and watered down version of the Stage1 to keep the environmental police happy. I suggest giving money to the poor and you will feel better than spending it on the California Stage1 download. The CA bikes have the stock fuel mapping one step worst than the rest of the states as well, so disconnecting the O² sensors is almost a must do mod (not to mention free).

A fuel controller is the only way to get around the California restrictions (but keep in mind that you are actually breaking the law when getting a fuel controller in our beloved state). :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have no problem with bending the rules, I also tint all the windows on my cars as well..lol. So here in country of California I would need a fuel controller along with whatever exhaust I go with?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts