Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found an '08 Vision Tour Premium in Midnight Cherry at the local Indian dealer (St. Paul). Added it to the stable along with the '08 Kingpin Tour. Hope to learn a few new things about the Vision on the forum and enjoy the ride. Will take the wife out on her first Vision ride this Sunday. At 12K miles, it's just getting broke in.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Good find! BBob has the 08service manual. I couldn't get rid of my TC either after adding the vision

·
Registered
40 Posts
Found an '08 Vision Tour Premium in Midnight Cherry at the local Indian dealer (St. Paul). Added it to the stable along with the '08 Kingpin Tour. Hope to learn a few new things about the Vision on the forum and enjoy the ride. Will take the wife out on her first Vision ride this Sunday. At 12K miles, it's just getting broke in.
She ain't gonna ride that kingpin after the vision.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She ain't gonna ride that kingpin after the vision.
She loves the Vison!! She is a little emotional about selling the Kingpin. I have it on Craigslist (Minneapolis). We took the Kingpin around Lake Superior, Lake Michigan, and down to St. Louis. The Vision has so much more comfort for her. She turned the seat heaters on during the last ride (always cold). She appreciates the extra width between the passenger hand holds also.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome back KPR.
Your Vision should serve you well. I have owned my '13 Vision for about 15 months and it has a mere 16500 miles on it. I think it is the best bike I have ever owned.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great looking bike!thumb up
Thanks! The Midnight Cherry color has always been my favorite. Just didn't happen when my first Victory came along at the right price in black and chrome. This Premium model seems to have a bit of extra chrome on it also. Driving every day to work.

·
Registered
307 Posts
The Midnight Cherry color is sweet. Don't have a lot of miles on my'13 but they are nice to ride. :)

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome back KPR.
Your Vision should serve you well. I have owned my '13 Vision for about 15 months and it has a mere 16500 miles on it. I think it is the best bike I have ever owned.
I ride at about the same pace, about 1000 miles per month. Up to 14500 now.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Looks like my bike

I bought an 09 in Hastings MN on the 26 of Oct. that's just south of St Paul. Same color. Really like the bike.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought an 09 in Hastings MN on the 26 of Oct. that's just south of St Paul. Same color. Really like the bike.
Private party or dealer? Off Craigslist or Cycletrader? They are enjoyable rides! Have you checked out www.TCVR.us (Twin City Victory Riders)? First Victory or one of many?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Private owner off Craigelist it had only been on there four days. It was 462 mile ride home after picking it up. It was 38 when I left but was up to 68 I think, by the time we got home. Rode Hyw 60 across to Sioux City IA than old hyw 75 South, took I680 throw Omaha than 180 to Home.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Private owner off Craigelist it had only been on there four days. It was 462 mile ride home after picking it up. It was 38 when I left but was up to 68 I think, by the time we got home.
Hope you'd ridden a few Visions before your purchase. My longest rides have been 400 on my Kingpin. See you totaled XCT. I think you'll find the fixed fairing has improved handling and better wind management. There's still a 2008 Vision for sale at a car dealer near Hastings. Higher miles & price compared to mine. Mine posted on Craigslist on a Tuesday night and I bought it the next afternoon. Did you turn on the heated grips and seat for the 38 degree temps?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I had only rode a Vision at victory open house two years in a row. I owned my XCT for over a year May 13 till Aug 14. I wanted to buy another XCT but after not being able to find any I liked for less the 17000. I opened the search to Vision's didn't take long to find a very nice one. The heated seat and grips work but I'm not new to them as the XCT had them as well as my Goldwing. My Vision does not have the driver backrest and my XCT did thinking of getting one but not sure yet. Didn't us mine all the time. I still have some left over parts for the CCT that did not get put on before it crashed. I even have the new and inproved luggage rake/backrest for the XC/XCT/CR.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts