Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
we need a redesign on the visions trunk and bags. I have a harley road glide at present. would come back if they redesign the bike. I just didn't like the trunk and bags.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Replace trunk with Corbin setup Problem solved. I took my trunk off. Bike looks incredible but you do have to like that futuristic look. thumb up

·
Registered
88 Posts
I took my trunk off but I actually like the lines of the bags. I know they are small but they suit my needs. If I ever tour I will put the trunk back on.

If they did redesign I am not sure what, but maybe the look of the fairing from the front. Don't change the wind protection though. From the front some guys say our lights line up to look like Bozo the clown. I know there are pix's of that somewhere. LOL

Bill

·
Registered
586 Posts
we need a redesign on the visions trunk and bags. I have a harley road glide at present. would come back if they redesign the bike. I just didn't like the trunk and bags.
I'm with you on the bag volume. Seems to be so much wasted space under the covers of the side bags and in the construction of the trunk. Would I buy a Vision anyways? As soon as my Kingpin is paid off!

·
13,231 Posts
Thats why we have vision we don't like the design of the road glide thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
So went to a produce market. Without the trunk. 3 bottles of Pepsi, 3 large containers of strawberries, 1 blipueberries, 1 blackberries, 8 Artichokes, 2 heads of lettuce, 12 bananas, all fit with room to. Spare

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I disagree strongly firetruck. I am presently riding an HD FLTRU, a Road Glide Ultra. The Vision is not laid out the same as a Road Glide but it has plenty of storage. I see the trunk as being a bit bigger than the Tour Pack and the bags are a bit smaller than the bags on a Road Glide. When all is said and done, they are very close to each other in total real world carrying capacity.
As AZdave pointed out, even the saddle bags present lots of storage space. The trunk is far bigger than the king tour pack on my HD.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Lets be honest storage is what we want it to be. I had a friend with an old Harley. 2 liitle saddlebags. I swear I thought the guy was a magician he just kept pulling stuff out. Storage is one thing learning the art of packing, bows that the trick. BTW I went fro a JO with a tool bag to the Vision. I have no idea what to put in there

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
Lets be honest storage is what we want it to be. I had a friend with an old Harley. 2 liitle saddlebags. I swear I thought the guy was a magician he just kept pulling stuff out. Storage is one thing learning the art of packing, bows that the trick. BTW I went fro a JO with a tool bag to the Vision. I have no idea what to put in there
If you take a woman touring, you'll quickly find out...

Though the more I think about it, the more I like the Vision. At first, the little side bags put me off, but truth is, when the wife and I go out, we wear our gear and it is waterproof. Even if we both take a few pair of pants and half a dozen shirts and undergarments along with some tools, camera, makeup, and walking shoes, I really can't imagine it would tax the capacity of the Vision. And with the ability to strap shoes to the luggage rack, I could probably store a small kitchen sink for a trip too.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Doesn't matter. Storage is like income. Some peeps can live well within their means, many other will spend as much as they have no matter how much they get.
The guy posted a pix of a pack of Marbies tucked in between his Highball side cover and tank and titled it "All the storage I need" or something. What it should have read was "All the storage I got" but the point is the same.You will make use of whatever you have, or in the case of baggers, your riding buddies will make use of whatever you let them.
SB, if you have hardbags on your Cross and you then ride a Vision, it's a likely human reaction that you will find yourself disparaging the reduction in storage. Then again, Pop is presuming that you are a likely human.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
You will make use of whatever you have, or in the case of baggers, your riding buddies will make use of whatever you let them.
Ain't that the truth.

Then again, Pop is presuming that you are a likely human.
"Likely," being the all important qualifier...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts