Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member just checking in. I do not currently own a Victory, but I plan on purchasing one before next spring.

I am currently riding a 2009 Suzuki Blvd M50 and I am definitely ready to make the jump to a Victory.

I ride alot of highway, about 50 miles a day for work, and want to ride more 2-up with the wife on some longer trips. The Victory Demo Days were very helpful, and like Gunny said ride one and you'll own one, well I did and I will.

I am currently looking at the Cross bikes. The hard ball was the most comfortable for me, but I am leaning towards a fairing for a little more of the creature comfort. I am pretty solid on the Cross Country or Cross Roads with fairing. I look forward to searching for all the pros and cons from actual riders of theses wonderful machines. I welcome any input to aid in my decision.

·
Registered
65 Posts
500 miles

I am only 500 miles in to my 2012 Cross Country but I can tell you that they have been 500 OUTSTANDING miles! You can't go wrong with a Victory. cheers

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums! Over 13K on my XR and the only problem has been shifter bushings which has not happened again since putting Witchdoctors brass bushings in!

Creature comfort is being able to hear nature when you're riding through the country (mountains in my case) so the only thing a fairing is going to do is give you more paint to wax. Go with an XR!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

Just signed the papers on a black 2013 Cross Country. Now to search and find what works best for everyone out there. Looking at exhaust and a low dark tint windscreen to start.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Just signed the papers on a black 2013 Cross Country. Now to search and find what works best for everyone out there. Looking at exhaust and a low dark tint windscreen to start.
I went with a gustafsson dark flip shield +2. I will most likely get another one but this time a +4. As far as exhaust,what do you want out of it? Louder? The cheapest is the thrush mod on stock mufflers. Gives a nice sound. I had stage 1 but wanted a little more sound. It's not bad with the thrush mod. You can find some threads about that .What part of western Pa?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went with a gustafsson dark flip shield +2. I will most likely get another one but this time a +4. As far as exhaust,what do you want out of it? Louder? The cheapest is the thrush mod on stock mufflers. Gives a nice sound. I had stage 1 but wanted a little more sound. It's not bad with the thrush mod. You can find some threads about that .What part of western Pa?
Exhaust I am looking for some more rumble. I am on a 106ci v-twin would like it to sound like it. I live in Butler and work in Ford City.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you buy your bike at Snow's?
Yes bought at Snow's, Josh seemed like a straight shooter and I was told the sleasmen are not on commission, and it felt like it no pressure. Is that where you purchased? How is their service department?

I looked at Gatto's but they kept trying to push me to a Harley the road and street glide were just more cramped feeling than the Cross Country. I asked if they sold Victory too, but they said the Harley holds it's value more this is what you want. I went to Snow's they told me what they could offer, what was available, and here's the bike.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yes bought at Snow's, Josh seemed like a straight shooter and I was told the sleasmen are not on commission, and it felt like it no pressure. Is that where you purchased? How is their service department?

I looked at Gatto's but they kept trying to push me to a Harley the road and street glide were just more cramped feeling than the Cross Country. I asked if they sold Victory too, but they said the Harley holds it's value more this is what you want. I went to Snow's they told me what they could offer, what was available, and here's the bike.
Ya-bought the cross country off of Josh. He was good to deal with.As far as their service department they seem ok. I only had some warrenty work and tires done there. Gatto's is primarily a harley dealer. They want to sell you a Harley and get all of your service work. They were not selling Vic when I bought mine-at least I do not think so. Even at that Snows is where I would of bought mine any way. I tried dealing with the guy in Latrobe but he was a As*.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts