Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a new 5 inch windshield on the fairing on my boardwalk toady, now I am able to see over the windshield instead of having to look through it all the time while riding.
1st photo from today, 2nd photo from last year, with a 9 inch windshield.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure on the wind yet as I first have to have some free time to ride the bike, this week don't look good as I have 4 double shift days out of 6 day of work this week.
I am back to 12 days on 2 days off. My normal work day is 8:30am to midnight, I leave home at 7:15am and return home at 12:45am the next morning, leaving aprox 6 hours to get some sleep.

Working 2 jobs sucks, but if I did not have to have 2 new bikes I would not have to have 2 jobs to pay for them.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had the opertunity to get the bike out yesterday , this new windsheild sucks. Wind hits me right in the face and lifts helmet and will suck a stocking hat right off the head.
Will be putting the 9inch windshield back on and learn to look through it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It might be worth looking into those laminated tops for windshields?

ie http://www.laminarlip.com/

I've never seen them in person, but they were suggested for my windshield woes using the stock high victory one.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Had the opertunity to get the bike out yesterday , this new windsheild sucks. Wind hits me right in the face and lifts helmet and will suck a stocking hat right off the head.
Will be putting the 9inch windshield back on and learn to look through it.
Sorry to hear that. Is there a way to adjust it?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I raised the entire faring as high as it will go, will have to see if I can tip is forward any. If that don't work I will just have to live with the 9 inch windshield.

I like to be able to see over the windshield when riding as I do when riding the HD sporty, lot less wind in the face on that bike than the Victory, even with the factory windshield on the Victory.

I am hoping to get this solved this season, the earlier the better, but with the forecast of rain all this week, it don't look like I will be getting in much seat time this week.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well last weekend I got some time to work on the windshield/faring.
Was able to tilt it forwards about a 1/2 inch, that's all it had in adjustment, but it was all that was needed.
Now the wind sails over my head and I can even keep my stocking hat on without having to tie it on.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well last weekend I got some time to work on the windshield/faring.
Was able to tilt it forwards about a 1/2 inch, that's all it had in adjustment, but it was all that was needed.
Now the wind sails over my head and I can even keep my stocking hat on without having to tie it on.
Good! The 5 inch definitely looks much better. Glad you got it to work for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts