Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up a 2014 cross country I traded my 09 Yamaha Raider in for it bought that one new as well had 15,000 miles on it.I just rolled 500 miles so it will be going in next week so far I love it except the buffering.I have no mods yet I am thinking d&d unwrapped pipes with a VFC-III and air filter from Lloydz or maybe the pcv not sure yet.

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
Nice choice, not much buffering on mine..:)

·
Premium Member
13,660 Posts
just picked up a 2014 cross country I traded my 09 Yamaha Raider in for it bought that one new as well had 15,000 miles on it.I just rolled 500 miles so it will be going in next week so far I love it except the buffering.I have no mods yet I am thinking d&d unwrapped pipes with a VFC-III and air filter from Lloydz or maybe the pcv not sure yet.

Those are some good mods. If you plan on going with the drop in cams at some point you might talk with Lloyd and get it adjusted by him for those mods at the same time or maybe just the pipes and filter for now.

Not sure what you have for lower crash bars but JTD has some excellent lowers for the forged type and some for the round type which I can not say if they work as well or not since I have no experience with them. Enjoy the ride and the fun of making it yours. :)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
If you are ready to spend money on performance mods, start with the adjustable timing wheel. It will smooth out the low end on your engine although dyno runs don't show much in terms of peak HP or torque. There is a description by one of the best tuners on it here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3_RjEdk5ZI

·
Registered
66 Posts
Welcome from another former raider guy. I been playing with couple windshields and just broke down and bought the lower Cct fairings. I have around 700 miles and so far other than buffeting the bike is great

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcome and the ideas for the buffering. I just got the 500 mile check done.Just wondering what kind of power I will get out of the mods im thinking of ordering. I dont want to get into the motor I have been searching a bit and it looks like pretty good power from this setup.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts