Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to everyone who posts on this forum. I'm a new owner of a 2012 XC with 40,000. Bike looks well taken care of here in Las Vegas. I'm looking forward to riding as soon as the weather warms. ...but the bike already appears much more user friendly than that other American bike I owned several years ago.

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Welcome Jeff,
User friendly is a term I have been using to describe my XR ever since the test ride nine years ago. Easy to ride and work on. I'm over 80 and do all my own maintenance, mods and upgrades. Lots of good help here too.
If your XC doesn't have one of my license plate laydown brackets, you are missing out on some power, fuel mileage and chick attracting. Click the link below to cure that and help a feeble old fellow rider stay in the wind. :)
Ric

·
Registered
222 Posts
Welcome from SoCal. Now that its stopped snowing in Las Vegas it's probably time to ride.

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Welcome from CT

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I have to keep posting to prove I'm not a robot so I can ask my question elsewhere? ...I am not a robot. Lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Maybe I'll have some luck and someone will see my question here, like a note in a bottle on the ocean. Lol. ...anyway, just noticing on the 2012 XC I just bought that the main wires are getting somewhat pinched against the neck of the frame when the handlebars are at full lock in a turn. I imagine the previous owner of the bike was doing this frequently, but is this something to worry about and normal? ...never had this happen on other brand bikes.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Elmvale ON Canada....

Ride Safe,

There is a spot on the right side where the wires fit into and tie down...and they won't pinch any more....my 2010 was doing that when i first bought it ...I can't get near that side of my bike right now to get a pic for you but it's warming up here so soon I will be able to ...8)

Rob

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you, Rob. I hope it warms up soon for you to ride. ...I'll be really interested to see how your bike keeps the wires out of the way of the forks in a full locked turn, because on mine, I can't imagine how that can be done. The wires and cables are secured and zip tied, but right at the neck they all get pinched because there's nothing stopping the tubes of the forks from crunching them.

·
Registered
599 Posts
You're welcome...Mine was the same...i had to get right down and there's a spot it fits in was difficult to find and it was only turned to the right...

It's looking like I may get the bike out for a first ride wed...8) supposed to go to 50 F LOL

Rob

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You Canadians are a heartier bunch than we Las Vegans...2 weeks ago they closed the schools here because they thought it might snow....and then it didn't. ...I was riding the other day in 56 degree weather and it felt cold. ...I think I figured out the issue, it looks like the previous owner bundled lots of wires that were getting crunched, and there's also a missing rubber grommet/wire holder I think, on the side of the neck. Unbundling the wires, they don't get crunched as much at full turn, and now I just have to figure out how to keep them out of the way...or buy a new grommet. ...thanks again.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I will look closely when i get it moved around grrrrr supposed to be freezing rain here tonight...hmmm maybe it will melt some snow!!

oooo Yes I have spent alot of time down south....I love it there...much more biker friendly weather...!!

Ride Safe

Rob

·
Registered
12,158 Posts
Feel along the bottom of the bar - there will be a hole where a zip tie anchor with a barb once lived. To organize that unruly bundle, zip tie the wires in 2 or 3 locations and then zip tie the bundle to the bar.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What’s up all? Just recently purchased a 2010 Hammer. I’m so in love!! Looking to do a little bit of upgrading, but I like it so much that I’m not gonna mind taking my time.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Maybe I'll have some luck and someone will see my question here, like a note in a bottle on the ocean. Lol. ...anyway, just noticing on the 2012 XC I just bought that the main wires are getting somewhat pinched against the neck of the frame when the handlebars are at full lock in a turn. I imagine the previous owner of the bike was doing this frequently, but is this something to worry about and normal? ...never had this happen on other brand bikes.
Create a new thread and see if you can add a photo of the wires and where they are pinching. I'm sure someone from here can help.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts