Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just traded in my Yamaha Stryker for a new 2013 XC. Went with the Anti-Freeze Green and have had more complements the past week than I did all summer with my Stryker. Looking forward to gaining all sorts of knowledge from this site.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Greetings and congratulations from 160 miles north of Cottage Grove, Oregon. That is sure one attention getting color. Good choice.

·
12,968 Posts
Just traded in my Yamaha Stryker for a new 2013 XC. Went with the Anti-Freeze Green and have had more complements the past week than I did all summer with my Stryker. Looking forward to gaining all sorts of knowledge from this site.
say you know about these riders
http://tcvr.us/

·
Registered
12,146 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome! I too just bought an anti-freeze XC, just 3 weeks ago, replacing an 06 RS Warrior. Since I'm 6'2", the first thing I had to get was a new windshield....so the bike now has a 13" medium-tint Madstad, with the adjustable brackets. GREAT wind protection.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome! I too just bought an anti-freeze XC, just 3 weeks ago, replacing an 06 RS Warrior. Since I'm 6'2", the first thing I had to get was a new windshield....so the bike now has a 13" medium-tint Madstad, with the adjustable brackets. GREAT wind protection.
Any chance you could post a pic with the Madstad mounted? I've been reading a ton about the different options but would really like to see what it looks like on a XC before buying. Looks and comfort come in about 50-50 in my opinion. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5 Posts
check out the photo album on my profile. 3 pics with the madstad installed. I can take more with the bike outside if you would like. with the adjustable brackets, the angle can be changed by about an inch and the shield can be raised/lowered 2-3 inches, all by loosening two knobs.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
check out the photo album on my profile. 3 pics with the madstad installed. I can take more with the bike outside if you would like. with the adjustable brackets, the angle can be changed by about an inch and the shield can be raised/lowered 2-3 inches, all by loosening two knobs.
Looks great. I am going to make an order tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Keep in mind they recommend the 13" shield for those over 6'1". Mine is adjusted all the way down and angled all the way back and it still provides plenty of protection at 70 mph. The 11" shield they offer might have been okay for me. just something to consider. Also, the stock shield will bolt to the adjustable brackets for times when I don't mind a bit more wind. Good luck!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Keep in mind they recommend the 13" shield for those over 6'1". Mine is adjusted all the way down and angled all the way back and it still provides plenty of protection at 70 mph. The 11" shield they offer might have been okay for me. just something to consider. Also, the stock shield will bolt to the adjustable brackets for times when I don't mind a bit more wind. Good luck!
Sorry for the million questions but what style shield did you go with? Looks like there are 3 Madstad models that fit out XC. Thanks brother.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Congrats on the new scoot! Welcome to the crew, I just traded in/up on my XC a few weeks ago

1 - 11 of 11 Posts