Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody I am finally joining the ranks of the Victory owners after having been on a sportbike for about 8 years (2006 GSXR 600, still staying in the garage).

I am purchasing a 2014 XC Blue/Black.

My background is a Mechanical Engineer but currently working Environmental, health and safety compliance/Project Engineering. That being said I am pretty mechanically inclined so will be doing a lot of my own work/mods to the bike as time goes on.

Couple of newbie questions you guys might be able to answer:

1. Is it possible to reroute the ipod cable from the bags to the bars? I would like to mount my phone on the bars and connect for audio.

2. Are the 2014's coming with the battery tender connection? Is that standard or do I need to ask the dealer about it?

3. Since I am already looking to my next mod and the Llyods ATS I wanted to know if that requires oil to be drained prior to opening the crankcase?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.

The timing wheel does not require a drain. There is a video of how to do it here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3_RjEdk5ZI

If you want a tender connection you had better ask for it.
Thanks.

How hard is it to add the tender after the fact?

I had watched that video and they didn't mention (or I missed) leaving the oil and I saw the oil on the cover so wanted to check.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the forum. Congrats on the XC purchase. My connection for battery tender (SAE 2-pin connection) was installed by my dealership on my '13 XC. I would ask them to install one.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
So you back feed the power using the outlet to go back to the battery?

I take it that means the 12 volt outlet is connected directly the the battery and isn't connected to any switches that open when the bike shuts off.

Edit: Oh and thank you for posting the service manuals I already grabbed one assuming the 2013 and 2014 XC are the same for the most part.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just an update the bike is now mine and I have but about 175 mile son since pick up monday at 6. Rain has limited my ability to get much more on it. For some reason me getting a new bike and having my car detailed over a 3 day span as the exact rain dance Arizona needed to trigger some flash flooding. :(

·
Registered
636 Posts
congratulations on the purchase... just curious. where did you pick your ride up from? And I learned about the fairing port here too. thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts