Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a guy at my dealership and he mentioned that they put a 2012 exhaust on a 2013 xc without any problems. If that's the case, why won't the 2013 tri oval stage 1 go on a 2012? I am reading that it needs an adapter for something.. what exactly needs the adapter?

Sent from my HTC Rezound using motorcycle.com app

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Did you ever get an answer on this? I assume any adapter needed for a 2012 XC would be needed on a 2011 XR, right?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did it on my 2012 XCT

I had waited 4 months after I bought the pipes from a local so cal dealer. Was tired of waiting. Got my money back since Polaris changed their mind and said that these were only for 2013. Not to mention that suddenly they were not for sale in Calif. I bought them from a dealer out of state on ebay. I put them on in about an hour. Took it to my dealer and to my surprise after checking with Polaris they were fine with the dealer flashing the bike. Even in Calif. and with a 2012 vin. Runs great sound is much improved as is throttle response. Plus looks great. I do get some poping on the 2 to 3 shift and some on decel sometimes. No adapter of any kind.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just installed Tri-Ovals on 2012 Hardball

The black end Tri-Ovals were installed on my 2012 HB yesterday. No issues. Great deep sound at idle and a crisp bark when you rap the throttle. It will be nice on long rides with a rich mellow rumble.

·
Registered
418 Posts
My dealer told me they will fit with no issues on my '12, I love the sound. They have them on a demo they have now, I almost wish I wouldn't have spent money on the stage 1, but I enjoy the quiet rumble I have with mine currently too.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Honk

My dealer confirmed that they would work on any of the Cross bikes as well. Then he proceeded to talk me into the Ness Big Honkers. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts