Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally did it. Traded in my 09 Vstrom for a 2011 Blue XC. Should be ready for pick up next week.

I also bought the matching trunk. My question is what are people doing to store the trunk when its not being used.

Looking for some suggestions..

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Congratulations! You have made a smart choice going with the Vic XC.

I've had my XC for less than two months and I've only removed the trunk for a few days. I stored it on the floor in our guest bedroom. I was able to carry it down the hall with some minor maneuvering. I haven't looked up the weight of it, but i would guess it's about 40 pounds.

I found that I prefer to ride solo with the trunk, than without for a couple reasons; more storage and more sound. thumb up

Just made a stop on the way home from work and the trunk held everything. As others have said though, the more you have in it, the more "top heavy" it is.

Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Im considering making a bracket on the wall in the garage in a protected area where Im keeping my bike that the trunk can be attached and locked onto...

·
Premium Member
13,303 Posts
The wall mount holders are great and keep them out of foot kicking area.

The trunk comes in a really big box that you can kinda keep it in to keep it from getting scratched up from just walking around it. Ask them to keep the box or the next one that comes in so you can bring it home.

I also use the box as a quasi work bench to hold my tools and parts sometimes because it's the right height for holding stuff when you're on a mechanics rolling stool.

Can't do both though because once the trunk is put together it no longer can go in the box and close the top.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Exactly like that I suspect! wac

Does the inboard crossbar need to be a minimum distance from the wall/support?

If that isn't a sticky somewhere, it should be!

·
Registered
12,247 Posts
Hoo Boy! Do we have some clever and helpful guys on this forum or what?!? That's a neat way to store your trunk, Wes. Thanks for sharing.

·
13,038 Posts
wesdalton
Really nice I like it.
Victory made a wall mount but pulled them off the market. The kit had to small of bolts and after a while the trunk would crash to the floor.
Haven't seen any for sale in some time.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I thought when I bought my xc 2011 with the trunk that I would ride with it off and put it back on when the wife would go with me. I havn't taken it off yet. With the MP3 player the xtra speakers sound good. Hardley even notice its on there anymore when riding,weight wise. Talking about MP3 players,does anyone know of a handlebar mount for them(sony walkman)? I have it in the saddle bag now and it would be nice if I had access to it instead of having to stop and dig in the bag.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts