Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer delivered my new 2012 blue xc today. All I can say is wow! Raining, so have not been able to ride yet. Looking through the book, can any one tell me if a different mp3 player will work or does it have to be the Ipod? Don't know if the hook up you have to buy will only work on anything besides the Ipod. Thanks. Joe.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congratulations on the new bike! I think you will find that the connector is iPod specific....but..... I have a good friend who found an adapter to go from the iPod plug to a standard 3.5mm plug (the usual for ear buds or smaller headphones. That enabled him to use the Vic iPod connector with his android (for Pandora) or, I think, his satellite radio.
The thing to remember is- if you use an iPod, you can control the unit through your factory radio controls on the handlebars and see what's playing on your radio display.
My friends set up allows him to hear the audio and control volume, but all the display shows is "AUX".
Also worth mentioning that I find the iPod sound to be superior to the radio.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the reply. I have 3 mp3's but none are Ipods. Which ipod will work the best. I have the ipad but have never checked into the ipods.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Good question- I forgot to clarify this.
I originally tried my old iPod (not sure of the generation, but it is about 6 years old, has small screen and dial on front). It would lock up sometimes and made me mad. With some homework, found out that this older type has an internal hard drive (moving parts) and they don't like the vibration on the bike.
Since then, I have gotten a newer Nano (about 1 1/2" square with built in clip on back). This does not have the moving parts and has been flawless.
Another nice feature of the Vic system is that the iPod is constantly charging while plugged in and bike running. You never have it go dead while riding.
Good luck!

·
Premium Member
13,609 Posts
I tried an MP3 for a while but got tired of remembering to turn it on before heading out and then turning it off when I stopped. Also; I couldn't skip a song if I didn't happen to like it which sometimes happens when I through an entire album on it. Victory carries an adapter. For a while I even carried the MP3 in a little bag on the handlebars and even that got old because I still had to remember to charge it all the time.

I ended up getting a used 32GB iTouch on ebay for a hundred bucks and can use it to check email or store pics to show if need be. Mostly it just sits in the saddlebag pretty much forgotten until I decide to listen to it via the radio.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have an ipod nano. It comes on and off with the bike's power. I can use the + button on the radio controls to skip songs. The little XC manual has a page that explains it all.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. I guess you have to get the adapter wire to use the Ipod and an extension wire to mount in the saddle bag. Is this correct? Would you happen to know the part numbers or name of what I need to hook Ipod to the XC? Thanks. Joe.

·
Premium Member
13,609 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts