Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone!

I wound up in a Victory dealership after being dragged up by my buddy so he could look at a bike - it took me about 5 minutes of looking at the '13 cross roads classic LE to fall in love with it and I've been enjoying the last month (and 2K miles) since. Quite a change of pace from my last ride, but a fun and relaxing one - definitely a fun, new riding experience for me.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of the Cross Roads. Nothing not to like about it, eh wot? This comes from an old timey rider who has never liked cruisers...until the XR came along.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. The bike makes for such a relaxing ride (admittingly, once i got used to the Vic shift Ka Klunk sound hah). I rode a Suzuki M109R previously, so it was a big shift from the aggressive riding of that bike to the more relaxed ride of the XRoads. In fact, i actually get to enjoy some of the scenery now haha and my girlfriend isn't afraid to come on the bike now lol

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Welcome from CT

·
Registered
51 Posts
Gratz and Welcome! Made the jump from V-Star about 4 months and 3500 miles ago and it's been awesome. Big, Powerful and Comfortable. Good Luck.

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Braysky, here's my tips for smoother and quieter shifts...
+Adjust the shift lever downward so that when you slide your toe under it, you are lifting it, taking up the slack.
+Preload the shifter prior to a shift by pressuring it, but not enough to force it into the next gear.
+Fan the clutch lever in and as you come to the friction zone, the shifter will easily and almost silently slide into the next gear.
That works for me! Now if your bike has less than 3500 miles on the clock, it will take a while to obtain that result, but you can start practicing now. These Vics take a long time to thoroughly break in.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
everyone should own one. welcome to the club.--irv

1 - 7 of 7 Posts