Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New member from CT posting for the first time. Glad to say I made the right choice! I sold my '90 GSXR 750 last fall because I wanted to ride safer for my newborn son. Even though I fully restored it as a Café Racer and spent WAY too much money in the process, it was time. :( So I spent all winter contemplating a new cruiser to buy that maintained some performance while not being covered in chrome. I finally narrowed my choices to the 2012 Zach Ness Vegas I saw with 1000 miles on it, and the Harley NightRod. EVERY Harley dealership near me wanted nothing to do with helping me, telling me they don't sell bikes, people buy theirs. None of them knew any specs on the bike either. Needless to say I was pretty p'd off. The same day I stopped by my nearest Victory dealership (Shark Cycle), test drove the Vegas, immediately fell in love, paid cash, and stopped by all the Harley places to show off my new ride! hahaha. thumb up Anyways, Thanks for having me, and I hope to get to know you all. :pepper:

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the forums! Good read conveying how I feel about my funds as well, did that for the last vehicle I bought... Didnt think I was serious huh??? heheheh Safe ridin and don't forget to post a pic of the new ride!

Tim

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tim. Yeah it was a tough choice to make.....And then of course the wife was upset we couldn't ride anymore, so she gave the go-ahead. Hahahaha. They still give me dirty looks everytime I show up the the Harley Bike nights. Its also funny to watch all the HD owners gawk at a Victory. Cheers man and ill try to get a picture posted asap.

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! I also bought my XCT at Shark Cycle, they really accommodated me (pulled the bike off the showroom floor and made it road-ready THAT DAY so I could ride it home) :D

I'm planning on going back mid-August for the demo truck; time to try a few other models lol

However....

:worthless without:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
broggyr,

Good to see Bob @Shark made other people happy. I actually test drove the Vegas and Highball the same day. Wasn't happy with the Highball's ride and loved the Vegas's. I am headed out to my storage shed to grab a pic now. hahahaha. Do you know the exact date the Demo truck will be there? I have to drop my bike off anyways to have them look at it. It seems to be clunking VERY loudly up and down shifting. Glad to know someone else in this hell hole of a state!

Mav

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome. Shark seems to be the place around here. I'm dropping my bike off next week for service(routine). Maybe I'll see what I can get for a trade in!

·
Super Moderator
6,375 Posts
Gorgeous! Too bad the weather was pretty crummy all last month

1 - 14 of 14 Posts