Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
New to forums. looking for som buffeting advice on my 2013 xc.
Lowers first, then start looking into what windshield you might need.
Much of the buffeting comes from under the cowling.

Also which windshield do you have right now?
What is it's height measured from the vent opening to the top of the windshield.
How tall are you?
How tall are you from the seat to the top of your helmet?

These will all come into question when looking for the "right" windshield for you.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Clip on YouTube suggested sitting on bike normal riding position and having a friend hold a straightedge from your top lip to above the screen, said straightedge level with ground.
Then measure upwards in middle of screen to where it meets the stick.
I'm 6 foot tall and by that method I need a 15.5 inch (400mm) screen.
What do you guys think?
I've has a lifetime of being in the wind, and after 5 years on my Vegas I'm now seemingly getting more wind on my head than without a fairing!
Is this the "buffetting" you speak of?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Clip on YouTube suggested sitting on bike normal riding position and having a friend hold a straightedge from your top lip to above the screen, said straightedge level with ground.
Then measure upwards in middle of screen to where it meets the stick.
I'm 6 foot tall and by that method I need a 15.5 inch (400mm) screen.
What do you guys think?
I've has a lifetime of being in the wind, and after 5 years on my Vegas I'm now seemingly getting more wind on my head than without a fairing!
Is this the "buffetting" you speak of?
Buffeting or brain vibrator. The air coming off a windshield can be turbulent and if this turbulent air is hitting your helmet.......

I'm getting ready to replace my windshield and I have a 4 foot level that I'm using to measure the correct height. I put the top edge of the level to the tip of my nose and had my son hold the other end at the level point and then made the measurement. I already have lowers.
Currently the air hits the top 4 inches of my helmet so I either need to suddenly become 5'10" or get a taller windshield.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts