Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well don't have the bike yet but it's all Ok'd they just want my check---go figure! Dealer in St Pete told today to come in tomorrow and ride the bike and make sure at the last minute it's the right fit for me---never had anyone do that! Been looking for awhile now and I guess I got the fever for the CCT. Boy is the Ole Lady gonna be surprised(hope she doesn't serve my head on a platter) We're headed for Co.(2K mi ride) in Aug & I just wanted something bigger for 2up riding own a Drifter but usually use the Vee Strom cause it's just more fun but research tells me the balance of this bike will suffice on them back mountain roads.
1st question will I need luggage rack on the trunk?
2nd question I'm 5'8" whats the opinions on the windscreen?

sure I'll be back with plenty more questions

·
Registered
545 Posts
Watch every step when you are dealing with St P Powersports... and get everything in writing up front. They will not totally disclose everything so be forewarned and forearmed.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Welcome! Bought mine from them (st. Pete powersport), becareful, don't let them talk you into extended warranty or anything. Can be bought later if you want. I personally won't set foot in the store again, had all kinds of issues with them. Make the dealer recheck your battery terminals. Mine came loose on ride home after delivery, yep, same dealer.

I now service mine at VTwin in Tampa. You may want a second opinion on the price, Call Vtwin and ask for Tom, tell him Mike sent you, short bald, grey beard (me not Tom) hell, that's 1/3 of the riders I guess, just tell him with the Black lowered XCT.

Bagage, a lot of storage, but if you pack heavy the rack on the trunk would be helpful. You could put some 3m protective film on it and and use a bungee net over it, but the rack does better.

You may find you need pull back bars too. I have them, and while shorter than 5' 8", alot of guys are doing it around your height.

You may want a kickstand boot reach too. Makes it easier. Kuryakyn makes a bolt on.

Don't forget to get shock pump, 2 up and loaded you're going to need to adjust air. For such a long rock ride, you may want to consider ride-on tire balancer/sealer.

All kinds of options on screens. Do sone searching, flip screens, shortees, CeeBailey's seems to come out on top alot.

Hope to run into you soon neighbor!

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All kinds of options on screens. Do sone searching, flip screens, shortees, CeeBailey's seems to come out on top alot.

Hope to run into you soon neighbor![/QUOTE]

Well I appreciate the headsup by you guys I went & bought the bike there anyway I had already processed paper work but did not sign til Tuesday wound up gettin the 2013 instead of a 12 only because the price was so close
Love the bike just hope to dodge the FL rains looking to notch some miles next week and get in broke in for the ride to Colorado and that windshield is really high I don't feel a thing behind it going to Cee bailey site now

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Need forum help can't respond to other threads the only place so far is this thread I started would love to ask the moderators but even the quick response won't work I keep getting message saying "Pappy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

can someone help me work thru this????????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts