Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I'm cruising along the highway, my 2012 Hardball is working great! I stop for a break and start going again and My speedo is not working, or my gear indicator or my cruise? All were fine before I stopped! Please help!:mad:

·
Administrator
5,973 Posts
So today I'm cruising along the highway, my 2012 Hardball is working great! I stop for a break and start going again and My speedo is not working, or my gear indicator or my cruise? All were fine before I stopped! Please help!:mad:
How are your blinkers and your horn? If they're also not working, it's a fuse. Check and replace burned fuse. If horn and blinkers do work, you have a lose connector inside the headlight. Open it up (4 screws) and find the lose connector, and make sure it clicks closed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How are your blinkers and your horn? If they're also not working, it's a fuse. Check and replace burned fuse. If horn and blinkers do work, you have a lose connector inside the headlight. Open it up (4 screws) and find the lose connector, and make sure it clicks closed.
Yes, everything else seems to be working fine. I will check the connection in the headlight. Thanks

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so I checked all the battery connections, fuses and took the headlight apart and disconnected the connection and reconnected. My speedo still won't work? The cruise power light comes on but won't set a speed? And the odometer does not work? Any other suggestions?:mad:

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Faulty speed sensor?

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
I have no idea. That was a wild guess.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
That was a lucky guess on my part, I'm going to buy a lottery ticket tonight. Where is the sensor located so I'll know for future reference?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was a lucky guess on my part, I'm going to buy a lottery ticket tonight. Where is the sensor located so I'll know for future reference?
There's a plug on top of the transmission with one bolt. Unplug the sensor and remove the bolt and put the new one in and bolt it down and plug it in! 100 bucks

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Take a photo or two and post it when you're doing the job, if you will. Thanks.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Speedometer, gear indicator, and cruise control are all speed related. If the system doesn't know it's speed, those options won't function properly. He mentioned that it was a 'wild guess', but I'm fairly certain it was a bit more logical of a guess than that.

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Speedometer, gear indicator, and cruise control are all speed related. If the system doesn't know it's speed, those options won't function properly. He mentioned that it was a 'wild guess', but I'm fairly certain it was a bit more logical of a guess than that.
Shhhh...you'll blow my cover.:)

·
Registered
611 Posts
I was referring to focker's assertion that the sensor is in fact the problem. Ricz logic is easy enough to follow but the OP posted that Ricz was correct. Based on the follow up posts suggesting he has not installed the new sensor yet I'm curious how he knows for sure that the sensor is the issue. Is there a test that can be done to the sensor to determine it's faulty?

·
Registered
427 Posts
I had one go on my truck. Speedo and everything crapped out. I took it out to inspect it (Located in rear diff) and it was covered up with goop. The thing is evidently magnetic. I cleaned it off and put it back in. Still there...4 years later.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The dealer pulled one of a CC and put it in mine and it all worked fine! They did hook it up to the computer, but it showed all is well? I think because it wasn't throwing any codes and the check engine light was not on, they figured they might as well try one from another bike!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Always nice to hear a story about a dealer putting in a little extra effort to successfully troubleshoot a problem...

·
Registered
611 Posts
The dealer pulled one of a CC and put it in mine and it all worked fine! They did hook it up to the computer, but it showed all is well? I think because it wasn't throwing any codes and the check engine light was not on, they figured they might as well try one from another bike!
Well now, that's an effective test. Thanks for clarifying for me and glad you found the problem.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts