Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought my first Victory, a v92c with 5,300 original miles and when I shift it sounds like an anvil being struck with a hammer and it sometimes slips into neutral when I shift to 3rd gear. Any and all comments appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums! I'm sure you'll find more than one person on here who has experianced similar problems and know exactly what you need to do to fix it! Best of luck getting the bike back up to 100% very soon, riding season is already here and I'm sure you don't want to miss out on much of it!

May your repairs be quick, efficient, and inexpensive!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have just bought my first Victory, a v92c with 5,300 original miles and when I shift it sounds like an anvil being struck with a hammer and it sometimes slips into neutral when I shift to 3rd gear. Any and all comments appreciated. Thanks.
Wish I had better news for you but here's the deal. First of all, some of the 99's would lose their mind in terms of odometer mileage which would set itself back to zero for those riders that removed their battery during winter causing the backup to go bad and hence the reset. Also, and more importantly (and certainly more depressing) is the transmissions in those 99 and 00 Vic scooters were designed to grenade at approx. 25K miles....depending on the type of riding one does.

Mine (99) failed at exactly 22, 500 miles and it was $3000 to fix. They replace it with an 03 vintage Victory transmission. Huge job. Case split required. The new transmission is rock solid though and so is the bike. Its a Japanese tranny built by Fuji Heavy Industries.

I'd keep riding that bike for now. Yes, even when they are working right they shift as you describe, but I'm bothered by your 2 to 3 issue which most failures were a 2 to 3 false neutral.

jb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts