Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newb here, just bought a 2014 Cross country eightball.

Power commander and dyno tuned . Meat hanger handle bars, lock and ride sissy bar, 21 inch wheel and new fender, 2" lower kit in back, Rockford fosgate amp, upgraded speakers, a few little things tinted lens, victory motor covers. And I got a great deal on it!

Pretty new to riding in general, just did the safety coarse, and got my endorsement last week. Anyway here to learn a few things and hang out.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Welcome from the west coast
Sounds like you scored a ready to roll bike!
Where you at?

Reactions: VicZilla

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome from the west coast
Sounds like you scored a ready to roll bike!
Where you at?
Thank you

West coast as well, southern Cali. And yes I'm loving this bike so far. Went back and forth between this and a nice street glide for a couple weeks and the victory was just calling me.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thank you

West coast as well, southern Cali. And yes I'm loving this bike so far. Went back and forth between this and a nice street glide for a couple weeks and the victory was just calling me.
You won't regret it, Vic's are great bikes

·
Premium Member
91 Posts

Power commander and dyno tuned . Meat hanger handle bars, lock and ride sissy bar, 21 inch wheel and new fender, 2" lower kit in back, Rockford fosgate amp, upgraded speakers, a few little things tinted lens, victory motor covers. And I got a great deal on it!

Pretty new to riding in general, just did the safety coarse, and got my endorsement last week. Anyway here to learn a few things and hang out.

Welcome from Ohio... formerly from SoCal... San Diego...

Sweet bike!!! You picked one hell of a bike to learn to ride... She is forgiving... so you did good... :smile

Enjoy and welcome!!!!

Cheers!!!!

Mike

·
Registered
4,091 Posts

Yea..its OK

:ltr:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome from Ohio... formerly from SoCal... San Diego...

Sweet bike!!! You picked one hell of a bike to learn to ride... She is forgiving... so you did good... :smile

Enjoy and welcome!!!!

Cheers!!!!

Mike
Yes sir I did. Anything less and I think I'd outgrow it quickly, all or nothing kind of guy I guess!

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
One heluva scoot for a first ride. Mine was a 1981 Honda CB750C. Looks like you got the major upgrades already included. Welcome from CT!

·
Premium Member
8,967 Posts
Yes sir I did. Anything less and I think I'd outgrow it quickly, all or nothing kind of guy I guess!

Welcome from Downunder
You are fortunate over there in the USA to be able to just jump on a big bike straight away!
Over here it's much harder though its become a little more relaxed in recent years and toughened up more last year.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Welcome from Jax, Florida! Enjoy that sweet ride!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
Welcome from Downunder
You are fortunate over there in the USA to be able to just jump on a big bike straight away!
Over here it's much harder though its become a little more relaxed in recent years and toughened up more last year.
MBX, can you explain what you mean by that?
Not understanding, why can't you go buy any bike you want there, even if your learning?

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I believe they have "graduated" licensing; you have to start out on a smaller bike for a time and gradually move up. I think it's like that in parts of Europe too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
374 Posts
I believe they have "graduated" licensing; you have to start out on a smaller bike for a time and gradually move up. I think it's like that in parts of Europe too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
No ****, never heard that before

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
MBX, can you explain what you mean by that?
Not understanding, why can't you go buy any bike you want there, even if your learning?
Some countrys you pass for your licence and are restricted to a certain CC, then 1 year later you can up the CC, then after 3 years you are free....

I disagree with this but I do understand, 18 year old kid buying a 1200 CC 4 cylinder water-cooled bike that goes 300 km/h.... About twice as fast acceleration as a vic....

My first bike was a Yamaha 600 CC 4 cyl, water-cooled
Nice and fast....

But then I had a 1100 CC kawa

Amazing fast...

Andre
TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts

Super you joined, welcome from.. Batam island

Andre
TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
374 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts