Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new owner of a Cross Country and I am interested in lowering it in the next two weeks. I have an adjustable link on the way. I plan on 1 1/2" lower.

Do I need the lowered kickstand?

Will my pipes drag around curves?

I am 230 lbs and mostly ride with my wife who is 140. How many psi should the shock be set at?

Will I lose the comfort factor on this bike by going 1 1/2"?

Thanks in advance fellas!

Lutch

·
13,177 Posts
All you ask is maybe. Put 75 psi in shock to start out so you don't bottom out. Go slow out of driveways and watch out for railroad tracks.
Always turn bars to left so the bike weight is on the kickstand. To the right or center bike can be tippie

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
I am a new owner of a Cross Country and I am interested in lowering it in the next two weeks. I have an adjustable link on the way. I plan on 1 1/2" lower.

Do I need the lowered kickstand?

Will my pipes drag around curves?

I am 230 lbs and mostly ride with my wife who is 140. How many psi should the shock be set at?

Will I lose the comfort factor on this bike by going 1 1/2"?

Thanks in advance fellas!

Lutch
Welcome to the forum from Florida!
I had a Cross Country Tour and it was lowered by 1 1/2" and I had the original kickstand on it. As for the other stuff, follow visionjohnny's advice!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
The factory recommended shock PSI setting should be in the right side bag, if I am not mistaken. Take it as a recommendation. I always go firmer because I like to ride like a lunatic...which leads me into the part about dragging exhaust. I have the CCT and I have rubbed my cans/tips/shields a few times leaning low and my bike is at standard height.

Welcome and enjoy your new ride. Keep the shiny side up

Skin

·
Registered
742 Posts
I am a couple pounds heavier than you and my wife is a couple lighter than yours - basically the same combined weight. I can't say exactly how lowered my Cross Country is because it came that way used...I can say it was too damn low because we always had issues riding 2-up, bottoming out in dips and scraping exhaust tips, even with the air shock pumped up to over 60 pounds. I finally got tired of it and put it on a lift to see what would be involved in raising it an inch. To my great relief I discovered the original owner had lowered it with an ADJUSTABLE link which I was able to very simply crank up 1.25". Now we ride with only 30 lbs in the shock and do not bottom out or scrape but the bike still looks suitable low and menacing :) Bottom line I think your plan of 1.5" link is right on and you can add air as needed to fit the road and load conditions. Good luck with it!

·
Premium Member
1,831 Posts
Thank you for the info gentlemen!

Semper Fi

Lutch
Semper Fi! Good luck with it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts