Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks! My name is Ian, new to the forum. I went out and bought me a 2013 XCT "Gold Mist" today. Big change coming from a Buell 1125R. I made the decision to go from the age of 35 to 55 in 1 day because the Buell just wasn't practical for a 6'3 260# guy anymore! Anyways, just wanted to make this short and sweet and say hey. I'm sure i will be around asking dumb questions for a few weeks.. Until then, i have to remember to make sure i have good footing when i stop, this thing is HEAVY! cheers

·
Registered
634 Posts
Good choice. Nice bike. That bike will do everything you want it to and in comfort too. The only thing age has to do with it is your music choices!! Good luck.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks guys! I'm really liking this bike.

Now the process begins of making it more the way i like it. What are some good websites for aftermarket goodies? I think the first thing i wanna do is get a smaller windscreen and haven't found any yet. Will the XC windscreen fit? Also looking for some 3M protective tape for the top of the bags and maybe the front fairing.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Congrats Ian, and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums and congrats on the XCT!

Aftermarket vendors include but are not limited to the names below. You can google the names to get the websites.

Heavy Metal Designz, Witchdoctor Victory, Cycle Ops, USA Made Victory and Noemtz Victory.

The best plavce to get 3M films is Tankslapper (google for website). You can get a full set of 3M or cling-on film for much less than any other vendor on here.

·
Registered
51 Posts
"Until then, i have to remember to make sure i have good footing when i stop, this thing is HEAVY!"

I got my XCT 2013 on July 5th about 2500 miles of pure bliss . I am surprised by the remark of being heavy, I traded in my Yamaha Royal Star Venture on this bike (XCT) while weighing in a mere 15 pounds less it is such a joy to ride in comparision I am only 5'8" tall and have been telling everybody lite this bike is, anyway congrats I know you will love it cheers

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet, thanks ammo thumb up

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"Until then, i have to remember to make sure i have good footing when i stop, this thing is HEAVY!"

I got my XCT 2013 on July 5th about 2500 miles of pure bliss . I am surprised by the remark of being heavy, I traded in my Yamaha Royal Star Venture on this bike (XCT) while weighing in a mere 15 pounds less it is such a joy to ride in comparision I am only 5'8" tall and have been telling everybody lite this bike is, anyway congrats I know you will love it cheers
Lol, yeah but from coming from a 420 lb Buell, it is heavy!

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I hear ya IanXCT, you put your foot down on pea gravel or only think the side stand is down and that puppy gets heavy. My last three bikes before the XR all were near the 400lb mark.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Welcome. I'm still have my Buell, but i'm trying to to sell it. Ok, maybe not as hard as I should be. :rolleyes: I will say i've become even more of a spirited rider on my XB on the few occassions I take it out (The occasional maintenance ride) till it sells. The thing about my buell was I have to ride to somewhere in order to ride it like its meant to be ridden. Cruising on my vic just make everyday riding more fun, and i still have enough crank to enjoy the biker dream roads when i come across them too.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome. I'm still have my Buell, but i'm trying to to sell it. Ok, maybe not as hard as I should be. :rolleyes: I will say i've become even more of a spirited rider on my XB on the few occassions I take it out (The occasional maintenance ride) till it sells. The thing about my buell was I have to ride to somewhere in order to ride it like its meant to be ridden. Cruising on my vic just make everyday riding more fun, and i still have enough crank to enjoy the biker dream roads when i come across them too.
I'm in the same boat. Good roads are far and few between around here. I would have to make a weekend trip just to find them. I have only put 200 miles on the Vic so far, but i have loved every min of it. Even if the fuel gauge doesn't know what the hell is going on! :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts