Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The short and long of it, a familar story. Wife didn't like bikes. She filed for divorce. So, the first thing I do is planning on buying myself a present. It had been a while since I had only two wheels under me and the last one was a 75 HD Sportster.

So, I wanted something newer, low maintenance and couldn't decide between a sport-tourer or tourer. Stopped by M.O.M South yesterday and looked at a couple Road Kings and Softtails. Eh, nothing really "captured" me. Took a look at a few Victory. There was an 08 that was nice, had panniers but was missing the top box. Figured that would add a few hundred to the final cost and it still had stock pipes. Me and the guy working turned around and saw this baby in the corner (nobody puts baby in the corner). It was a recent trade-in that hadn't even been catalogued yet. Had the Slash-Ness pipes and some nifty extras such as the LED Side Covers, list was only 2K more than the 08 (with the same mileage) but he knocked off 1K right off the bat. This was the bike for me. Took it out for a spin and I was SOLD!!! I hadn't been planning on a bike but the dealer offers layaway and I wouldn't be doing much riding in the winter up here in New England. Glad to be here!!!

Brian

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to the club

Welcome and enjoy, your going to love your bike. I have an 03 and wouldn't sell it for the world. You made the best choice.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Good choice in the Victory line-up! And, buying a used 2009 got you in without losing an arm and a leg on depreciation. I've got an '08 Kingpin Tour. My wife went and got her motorcycle license first, but now rides bitch. She likes to enjoy the scenery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts