Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starting to search for a possible replacement for my 2007 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic. So I intend to test ride other bikes than just Harley.

Hoping I can fret out the good and bad if there are any on bike specific forums such as this. Been told that if I try a Vision I'll buy a Vision.

The nearest dealer is setting up two bikes now for me to test ride. A Vision and a Cross Country Tourer.

Taking my time because there is absolutely nothing wrong with what I'm riding now. And it's paid for.

Not real sure I'm ready for payments again. If you know what I mean.:wink

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Well Cowboy let me give you a piece of advice;
If you're not ready for a payment don't ride the Victory's. They are head and shoulders above even the most "modern" Harley Davidson, (trust me, using modern and Harley Davidson in the same sentence is an oxymoron ). The motors and the chassis are far better on the Victory's and the ONLY place they lag is the fit and finish. I love the Harley's but if you look in my garage there ain't one parked there unless it's in pieces getting worked on and in that case my names not on the title.
So go ride the Vic's, take your checkbook and keep your sob story about the bike payment to yourself. We'll totally understand.....oh yeah...let me be the first to welcome you to the Victory ownership club.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Cowboy let me give you a piece of advice;
If you're not ready for a payment don't ride the Victory's. They are head and shoulders above even the most "modern" Harley Davidson, (trust me, using modern and Harley Davidson in the same sentence is an oxymoron ). The motors and the chassis are far better on the Victory's and the ONLY place they lag is the fit and finish. I love the Harley's but if you look in my garage there ain't one parked there unless it's in pieces getting worked on and in that case my names not on the title.
So go ride the Vic's, take your checkbook and keep your sob story about the bike payment to yourself. We'll totally understand.....oh yeah...let me be the first to welcome you to the Victory ownership club.
Yeah, I've already been warned about them. That's why I got to check it out. It's just going to be hard having to deal with that darn payment again. It buys a lot of beer.:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BTW, is there a post count minimum you have to get here before you can post a new thread or reply to one. I keep getting "not authorized" or "don't have sufficient privileges" or something like that. Right here seems to be the only place I can do anything.:frown

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
BTW, is there a post count minimum you have to get here before you can post a new thread or reply to one. I keep getting "not authorized" or "don't have sufficient privileges" or something like that. Right here seems to be the only place I can do anything.:frown
I believe it's 5 posts here then you can move on. Great group of knowledgeable folks here so if I'm wrong someone will know the correct answer.

Be sure to give us a ride report on the Vicki's when you do ride them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm on another that's like that. I think it's tied tothe same parent company even. So it really makes no sense. But whatever.:angel

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello fellow Texan, I am south of you towards Pleasonton, Tx. I am a newbie to this forum and was experiencing the same posting problems. Careful, if you ride one, you will own one....

John

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Welcome from Katy, Tx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts