Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I joined up today to do some research on the XC.

I currently have an 06 Stratoliner and have been bitten by the faring/radio/tour pack bug. After doing a bit of looking around the XC will be my next bike.

I have not made up my mind if I will buy a nice low mile used or go ahead and buy a new one....

Regardless, I look forward to making the switch.

P

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome to the forum Phil.
If you want the tour pack you are really looking for a Cross Country Tour, not a Cross Country. If money is no object, go with a new bike but remember these things run forever and a nice used one sometimes will have some extra goodies.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Welcome , I have a new XC , it is fantastic !cheers

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the forum Phil.
If you want the tour pack you are really looking for a Cross Country Tour, not a Cross Country. If money is no object, go with a new bike but remember these things run forever and a nice used one sometimes will have some extra goodies.
Well, thats my issue.

The tour has a nice rebate right now but I like the old forged (flat chrome) bars that use to come on the XC. I am not all that fond of the plastic lower wind guards on the Tour.

If I go with an XC and have to add the tour pack, its another $1700.

If I go with the tour, the engine guard I want is about $500 +-. but I get heated seats, grips etc.

The color is another issue. I have a few paint schemes I like but they are all XC colors.

I have found a few used XC's for sale that already have the bars and the added tour pack.

Then I learn last night that the new 2015 models are out and that gloss titanium looks mighty nice!

We shall see....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts