Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few bike, Thunderbird Storm etc. Had been tracking the CCT for over a year, waiting for the 2017 mods. Plan was to wait 18 months and the 2018 model would be my 60th birthday present. Polaris scuppered that plan. While I was working out what to do next, one week after the news I rang two dealers to buy one. One dealer didn't have the discount pricing, I bought it from the other, ordered tri ovals and a few other bits. As I was going on a 4 day ride with mates, arranged for a two week delay to pick it up. One week into that, while on my ride, the accessories were discounted, win win for me. A bit disappointing that when I picked up the bike it had none of the accessories fitted. So I booked the 800 kilometres first service for one week later. I rode the bike 200 kilometres home, the long twisty way. Appreciating I was running it in, first impressions were not good. 3rd and 4th take up was sluggish, stock screen just dangerous, rear suspension non existent (no air in it). A mate sold me 4 screens, I fitted a Cee Bailey, immediate improvement there. The bike had 900 kilometres on it when it went in for the service,I was lent a Magnum with tri ovals, my smile returned. I rode the quick way home (35C,quite hot). The gears were working well now, very similar to my Storm, so pleased with that. This weekend, off came the trunk, the handbook misses a very important step, YouTube to the rescue, another 150 kilometre ride and I keep smiling. So easy to swap out the trunk, two bikes in one. I have a long ride planned with mates in a few weeks, was going to take my Tiger Explorer but as all the ride will be on sealed twisty roads, I will take the CCT and leave the trunk in the motel room when we get to ride hq, Pambula. I cannot believe the Polaris decision, but can see why, just hope the progress with Victory is not lost, they are such good bikes.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Congrats on the XCT and welcome to the Victory Forums!

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Welcome from a follow Aussie!
Welcome to Victory and the Forum,
VICTORY -We Ride!

Some great roads down your way!
I rode through Pambula riding my Vegas home to the Gold Coast from Melbourne after buying it used, bought some nice oysters somewhere around there had a break from riding and pigged out on 2 dozen fresh oysters!

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
Welcome from Florida! Enjoy the forum and your XCT!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts