Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to introduce myself here on the victory forums. I just purchased a 2011 Imperial Blue Cross Country on Saturday and am looking forward to getting as much time in the saddle as possible. While I am not completely new to riding it's been a few years and i've never actually owned my own bike. I live in the northeast Ohio area, Strasburg to be precise, but for outsiders i'll say the Canton area. Anyway I look forward to learning and enjoying the forum.
Jason

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks! I am hoping for some warmer weather this weekend so I can log some more miles.

·
Premium Member
67 Posts
Welcome from Northern Utah. I would encourage you to sign up for the Motorcycle Safety Foundation new rider's course. It will help you develop good riding habits and get rid of bad ones.....plus an insurance discount!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks RayBob I am actually a step ahead of you. I took the class last October but am looking into the 2nd class they offer now. It's only $25 here in Ohio and I would be on my Bike this time. I would definitely recommend the first class as you mentioned I thought it was a great way to learn and develop the fundamentals the right way.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
The figure 8 in the box would still suck for me on my XR and I've been riding it for 18 months! For those of you that don't have seasons it's tough to put miles on when it's in the 30's an 40's 5 months per year so a lot of my miles are city miles.

That's great that you did the MSF! A lot of us on this forum and the other Victory forums are very much pro-MSF and we try to suggest it to anyone that mentions they're new to bikes or haven't ridden for years. Another learning tool that is highly suggested in the Ride Like a Pro DVD's. You can find them all over the internet and they are fairly inexpensive but I like to point out that you can watch sections of the videos free on YouTube.

Lastly remember AGATT and wear what you can to save yourself and save your family from grief. Not everyone agrees but I can't stress enough that you should always wear a helmet.

Take care and ride safe!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ammo I can't imagine trying that Figure 8 on my XC either. I don't think that box is much bigger than my bike.

Thanks for the suggestion on the videos I will definitely look into them. I agree on wearing a helmet as well. I have a young son and a bun in the oven that I want to be around for and also set a good example for them.

I have a friend who when he saw me wearing my helmet admitted he needed to start wearing his again.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Ammo I can't imagine trying that Figure 8 on my XC either. I don't think that box is much bigger than my bike.

Thanks for the suggestion on the videos I will definitely look into them. I agree on wearing a helmet as well. I have a young son and a bun in the oven that I want to be around for and also set a good example for them.

I have a friend who when he saw me wearing my helmet admitted he needed to start wearing his again.
mordecai great looking bike you got there, welcome to the forum you will find a lot off guys in hear with all the answers to your Qs me all i have so far is a learner permit, and have know idea how i will do a figure 8 in a small space, we will seethumb up well off to the gazebo for a beercheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
mordecai great looking bike you got there, welcome to the forum you will find a lot off guys in hear with all the answers to your Qs me all i have so far is a learner permit, and have know idea how i will do a figure 8 in a small space, we will seethumb up well off to the gazebo for a beercheers
Thanks Schlep! I got lucky in that it had almost no miles on it and had almost everything done to it that I wanted to do. I am sure I'll have plenty of questions as i get to know my bike. I would definitely recommend taking the basic rider course as a way to get your license if that's an option in your state. It's much easier to do that figure 8 in that tiny box on a small 250.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts