Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me begin by saying I've owned mostly Harleys ( except for a Triumph ) over the years.

Went to the HD dealer this morning to buy a 2012 Road Glide and noticed the Victory dealer next door. So I decided to take the Pepsi challenge and went there first. Threw my leg over a 2012 Cross Country and went for a half hour ride this morning. I'll skip all the banter about the handling.

I'm now taking a serious look at the Victory XC (either the two tone red/silver or the black ) both colours are in stock... we all know black is the fastest colour.

For me the only negative is with the handlebars which I'd like to switch out to the Arlen Ness Ape Hangers.

Has anyone switched to ape hangers on a XC. If so is the reach the same other than the height? Has it changed your riding position ?

If anyone has a XC with ape hangers I would appreciate it if you would post some photo's.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums and congrats on your decision to look at Victory. The link below should take you to the XC bars section of the Heavy Metal Designz website. Most of the bars show pictures of them installed.

http://www.hmd520.com/category/XC---Bars-36

·
12,970 Posts
Arcam
Rule number one here is to put where you live in your profile so we might be on the next block and could come over and show or help you out.

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
I just came off 2 Harley touring bike. 2007 Road Glide and just traded my 2009 CVO Ultra in on a 2012 Ness Cross Country. You'll love the Cross Country, no question.
Can't help with the apes though. Welcome all the same ;)

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
Well Chicago Spike I see you found your way here from the VTX pages.thumb up

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Let me begin by saying I've owned mostly Harleys ( except for a Triumph ) over the years.

Went to the HD dealer this morning to buy a 2012 Road Glide and noticed the Victory dealer next door. So I decided to take the Pepsi challenge and went there first. Threw my leg over a 2012 Cross Country and went for a half hour ride this morning. I'll skip all the banter about the handling.

I'm now taking a serious look at the Victory XC (either the two tone red/silver or the black ) both colours are in stock... we all know black is the fastest colour.

For me the only negative is with the handlebars which I'd like to switch out to the Arlen Ness Ape Hangers.

Has anyone switched to ape hangers on a XC. If so is the reach the same other than the height? Has it changed your riding position ?

If anyone has a XC with ape hangers I would appreciate it if you would post some photo's.

Thanks.
Welcome to the Victory Forum. thumb up

There's a member on here (Whitie) who has apes on his XC. They may be the HMD's, but I'm not sure. You can view his ride on the "Show off your XC" thread on page 17. It looks real good. cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts