Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I am new and shopping for my second bike. I spend 3 seasons on a Honda Shadow 600 and loved it, but 4 speeds on the highway and just 100 miles on a tank of gas was rather limiting. I needed more and sold the bike for almost what I paid for it. I am a small female, 5'3" and need a short bike. I have been looking at the Softail Slim but the Gunner seems to be a very comparable bike at a more affordable cost.

Any suggestions or guidance is appreciated!

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
Hello!

I am new and shopping for my second bike. I spend 3 seasons on a Honda Shadow 600 and loved it, but 4 speeds on the highway and just 100 miles on a tank of gas was rather limiting. I needed more and sold the bike for almost what I paid for it. I am a small female, 5'3" and need a short bike. I have been looking at the Softail Slim but the Gunner seems to be a very comparable bike at a more affordable cost.

Welcome Lenore,
I'd strongly suggest you ride em both and get back to us, take an Indian Scout for a run too.
The proof is in the riding.

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Hello!

There's only one way to really know....spend time on both. Vic has demo rides always going on and most HD dealers will let potential buyers test ride(at least around here).
That said I don't think you'll find too many people here recommending the Slim ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
I will echo the 'ride them' statement. You won't know until you do.
If it's any consolation, I almost bought an Ultra Classic...

I don't know where in Delaware you are, but here's a Delaware Vic dealer:
http://www.landdsuzuki.com/

·
Registered
129 Posts
Almost got a Softtail Slim-S,.. Took a Gunner home instead. Pretty sure I made the right choice. The Softtail may fit you better as it feels smaller but the Gunner is lighter and balanced better while costing much less. Do not rule out the Indian Scout, it was way to small of a bike for me. (6'1" 250lbs) given that you are "fun sized" it may be just about perfect for you.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Lenore, you're on the right track, but you really do need to ride Em all and sort em out. I love the Gunner AND the Scout and the HD Slim is cool too. Must be an echo in here huh? After riding them all you need to get the one that speaks to your soul. May not be the best motorcycle but it'll be the best one for you. Buy the one that makes you sit in the garage with it and talk to it. Don't buy a motorcycle that you can park and not look back at when you walk away. You'll know what I'm talking about if you find it.

I noticed you were in Delaware so you're knee deep in Winter out there. That certainly makes test riding motorcycles a challenge. Keep looking, keep thinking and let us know.

PS..I'd buy the Gunner, oh and don't discount the Highball if you like the style. The Scout is really awesome too! My lovely Wife fits a Scout and she's 5 foot even if she stretches a tad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts