Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a 2007 Honda VTX 1300 S. Have ridden motorcycles since I was 14 years old--will turn 60 in October. I test rode a 2010 Vision and a Cross Country this morning. Absolutely loved both bikes! Will very likely purchase one of them. Thought there were pluses and minuses for both. Will probably keep the X as my solo bike and primarily use the Victory as my 2-up touring bike. Would like to hear from owners as to their experiences with each of these bikes and recommendations on which is the best choice (I know that can open up a can of worms, but I'm truly interested and would like to hear from actual riders as opposed to just opinions from those who do not own/ride either bike). Thanks.cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
welcome to the board. got any beer? oh well, good thing I brought my own.

If you can get past the looks of the Vision and can do without enough storage area for a bike that size, the Vision is by far the best ride. At highway speed the Vision was quiet, nimble and was a dream to ride. The adjustable windshield works tits and allows the rider to find that sweet spot air bubble without any turbulance behind the windshield. I can't get past the looks of it so I'll not own one.

I want a Cross Country, I think. I test rode one and didn't care for the way it handled and there was so much turbulance and wind noise behind the windshield that even at 45mph I had a difficult time hearing the sterio, I ended up just turning it off. A taller windshield might fix that wind problem though and the handling can be fixed to.

All in All I love riding my Kingpin and is probably what i'll be riding for many years as our touring bike, I want a Hammer for myself thumb upthumb up

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome to the Victory Forums.

A couple of pointers. Check out the “how to” in regard to posting pics here.
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1688

The Search feature is your friend!  You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Welcome to the VF!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts