Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all from frozen ILL. Not a victory owner @ present but considering a XC maybe T. Presently HDRK of which has never left me stranded but seems to require excess maintenance for 65K miles. Giving a hard look to Vic.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Welcome! I too am soon to make the switch to a high-ball after two FL softails (90 heritage and 04 fatboy). The vic tour bikes look like the new standard in vtwin long distance scoots. Good decision I'd say.

Imagine no chain tensioner worries, and no high speed wobbles, etc etc. And a what appears to be a bunch more hill pulling torque. I've talked to more than one who switched from HD tour models to Vics who stated there's no going back.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Welcome from North FL .. Had my 09 Ultra for 68K Up to 60K had no problems .. After reached the 60K mark had some issues .. Nothing that ever left me stranded and all of them were taken care of with extended warranty but just figured it was time to try something else .. Love my Vic Cross Country ..

·
Registered
690 Posts
The biggest challenge switching to Victory will be the culture thing. The motorcycle world sort of revolves around HD, and leaving the huge ocean of HD's to a small pond of Victory's is a culture shock.....Trust me I did it. I knew from the test ride that this Vic was a better bike, but leaving my culture wasn't easy. But now that I'm used to it, I wont go back.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
My High-Ball didn't come with a fancy birth certificate from the factory like my fatboy did. I want my money back! LOL!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
The biggest challenge switching to Victory will be the culture thing. The motorcycle world sort of revolves around HD, and leaving the huge ocean of HD's to a small pond of Victory's is a culture shock.....Trust me I did it. I knew from the test ride that this Vic was a better bike, but leaving my culture wasn't easy. But now that I'm used to it, I wont go back.
Yeppir.
If a closet full of logo'ed leather is fundamental to your motorcycling satisfaction level, if you offer or respond to waves only from other riders on the "right" motorcycle, if you can't fathom why someone would bother to get on a bike and ride aimlessly for miles without the company of others, if you must have the chance to show off your recent purchases to other peeps that are dressed like you riding something pretty much the same as what you ride... there is a company for that. It ain't Victory (although riders that have those needs can be found on anything from Vics to Vespas. They just have lingering acceptance issues).
It is possible to fill a small closet, maybe a hope chest, with Victory clothing, and you can only wave to other Victory riders (sure won't strain the old rotator cuff doing that) and a Victory can collect just as much dust as an RK sitting in the shed waiting for the next organized ride, but it will be rare that you walk through a sea of bikes at some event and have to check the licence plate of the bike that you think is yours just to make sure.
If you like your riding straight up you are making the right move. If riding is just a component of your motorcycling "lifestyle" moving to Victory may not fulfill all your needs.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Clawdog,
Welcome to the forum and best of luc with your Victory research!

Pop,
Good post!

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
My victory turns heads and the D&D exhaust drowns 'em out (much to the state of Maines chagrin)

Never had any HD owner give me anything but respect.
With an 08 Vegas Low, at both sturgis and street vibrations in Reno, people are constantly turning heads, from sight and sound, and giving respect. Sure I had to deal with people walking by and saying "Hey nice harley" but that's the world we live in.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like to hear about more possible Illinois Victory riders. Picked up my 2012 XC this Dec. I'm in the Elgin area, if your close swing by just did pipes and speaker/amp upgrades. Good luck in your search.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts