Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lookin to buy my first victory, I think I've settled on a vegas, I really like the rear tires on the hammer and jackpot but I'm not sure if that size tire has any use other than looking cool? Second question is the vegas low a woman's bike? There's a good deal on one locally but I don't wanna look like a moron. There's also a great deal on a 2003 so we're there any known problems with the early models it only has 11k miles. Any input will be appreciated my only experience with motorcycles was a Buell I sold 6 or 8 years ago. Thanks

·
Registered
313 Posts
The larger rear tires usually make going thru turns a little more of an effort on the rider's part. Of course, this is a comparison thing so if you haven't ridden in awhile, you probably wouldn't notice as much. If you could ride each of the models you are interested in that would be my recommendation. The Vegas Low is not a "Woman's bike". Sure it could be ridden by a Woman, but if it fits you, don't give it a second thought.

Earlier model Victories had the 92CI motor, later years - Most have the 106 CI motor like the Hammer, Vegas etc. The 106CI is a rock solid design. The 92's are still around on the roads as well, I can't speak for them as I've never owned one. Many on here have and hopefully they will chime in.

Do some searching on this site and also on the other Victory forums like T H E V O G . N E T

Good luck and welcome!

·
Premium Member
8,711 Posts
nuthin wrong with a Vegas Low,
its just an inch lower than stock so if you're the type than likes lower bikes you're away.

·
Registered
230 Posts
had a Vegas with a 100 CID with 6 speed and a victory "stage two" great bike! I thought it was pretty quick. Ended up trading it on an XC. I miss it when doing short trips and running around I town.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have an 04 Vegas and love it, lots of power for my type of riding and I haven't had a problem with the 92 engine.
Good luck on your search

1 - 5 of 5 Posts