Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I haven't been on a bike for about 8 years. Prior to that it was all dirt riding. So what did I just do?

I took the MSF BRC course and spent a little time looking at bikes; didn't like the taste of the Kool Aid all that much and wound up bringing home a 2016 Gunner (in Suede Green).

I love the bike and have some miles on it already, but like most everything else I'm already wanting to make changes, which is what brought me here.

So, talk to everyone soon.....

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
Great choice of bike there Jonesy. Welcome from the Pacific Northwet. A couple replies and you'll be one of us. Not great incentive, huh?

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Welcome from CT.

Not great incentive, huh?
Looks like you and I didn't do too badly... lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been poking around here on the forum....too many things I'd like to do to this bike and not enough money (always the case right?) My short list:

tachometer kit
passenger seat with pegs
replacement driver seat (my azz starts to hurt after about 1hr of riding)
bags
Pipes...need to research this one. Right now I don't feel the need for more power, this bike is pretty solid in stock condition, but I would like to add a bit more rumble. A bit more and not the window rattling blast with some of these pipes. Any suggestions on a modest upgrade in the sound department?

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Welcome mate, if you don't feel the need for more power, then you can just drill a few holes internally into the exhaust, there's a few threads about that subject, sure someone can post a link to that

And new pipes are not that expensive ...

Andre
@
TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
12,146 Posts
In order of importance, I'd improve on that seat--everything else can wait. What good are the other things if your bike is not comfortable. If you live in a city, you may have a saddle customizer who can tailor the seat to you butt like no off-the-shelf saddle ever can. That's the route I've taken for decades after getting burned by Corbin.
Drilling holes (or drilling out the baffles) will produce sound; maybe not the exact one you want, but its free. Then, when you can afford it, go for the pipes. Re the tach; contact Paul at Honda East Toledo, he's a magician with parts and prices. He's on this forum, just look around.
BTW, completing your profile and sig will help us to help you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts