Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

After 40+ years of riding a multitude of Japanese bikes (different brands) I finally went to an American made V-twin. Became the proud owner of a new leftover 2015 CCT. It's certainly been an adjustment for me, but the comfort and storage space are wonderful.

Looking forward to many miles of touring with my wife and riding friends.

Biggest complaint to date is the excessive heat that I get in the seat area when its 80 degrees or greater. I have tried various positions of my vents with no noticeable change in heat level. I also read that the heat is coming from the catalytic converters, any reasonable options to get the level of heat down? I do all of my own maintenance.

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Seat Heat

Have you got the heated seats turned on ?

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
To test your "hot" seat the cheapest way would be to buy a airhawk, I know this is for comfort, but a it could help you with the heat issues

I always wanted one myself,

When I got my jackpot I could NEVER find my footpegs, in front of traffic lights, etc.... But after a few rides I got used to it, now I have 4" extension even...

Ride safe mate, welcome to the forum

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Premium Member
253 Posts
Just checking. Some guys I've heard are putting something under their tank (glued I guess) for insulation.......Anyway, Congrats on the new purchase.....You'll love that bike. I sure like mine. Best riding and handling bike I've ever had. Does really good in the twisties cause that's all I ride. Oh by the way,... don't forget (I did) to adjust (air up) the rear shock when you and the wife are riding together. Just in case you didn't know to. :grin

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny you should mention the air shocks, I was neglectful in that area for a couple of months, kept thinking that I needed to adjust my headlight - ha!

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Did you see all the tips and suggestions given to another mew Vic owner in another thread? Break-in, shift revs, air pressures, etc. -- all good stuff a new Vic owner needs to know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts