Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say hi from Jacksonville, FL. I don't have a Victory (yet). I'm riding a Honda VTX 1300R and love my metric crusier. However I want a bigger bike. Not much of a Gold Wing fan. My riding buddies all have HD ULtra Classsics and are always in my ear about upgrading from my lil pony to a real horse. I hope to learn more from the forum.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome! Just traded in my UC for a XC. Yes, the UC is a real sick and expensive horse! Eats alot of Dough! When I bought my UC, my other Harley friends reminded me that HD stands for "Hundred Dollars"... referring to the cost to maintain.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I went through this as well recently before getting my XR. HD has a strong allure, they also have a big price tag and questionable retail tactics that really pushes the value per dollar too high for me. The Victory was also a better handling bike.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I went through this as well recently before getting my XR. HD has a strong allure, they also have a big price tag and questionable retail tactics that really pushes the value per dollar too high for me. The Victory was also a better handling bike.
I drove a VTX for years, absolutely loved the bike, will alwyas be fond of it. To try and compare the ride of the X to the XC is like comparing apples to oranges. When riding with my friends on the VTX I always felt like i was holding on for dear life. With the XC i'm always the leader on the pact waiting for others. Its hard for me to keep it below 80, its just a great ride. Also, the XC eatus up curbs way better than the VTX ever thought of.

·
Registered
782 Posts
If you want to be a rider and a mechanic, buy a Harley.

If you wanna be a rider and enjoy it, buy a Victory. thumb up

Hey Harley has a heritage and draw that's hard to overcome, but if you're buying only for YOU, and for pure enjoyment of the sport, then a ride on both back to back will tell you all you need to know.

If you want to be the slow-poke that's also dripping oil everywhere, Harley is your bike. The Victory line will be more reliable and will have more power and BETTER handling. Unless you're buying a Screaming Eagle model or a V-Rod, the Victory will always be more powerful stock vs stock.

Get a Victory and let them eat your dust... then ask 'em who has the "little pony" :p

·
Registered
383 Posts
I was in Jacksonville Powersport last week and they had a couple of Vics available to demo. Hop on over and see them! If not you can always run down to Gainesville and see KevinX for your Vic fix!

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Welcome Victory Forums.

A couple of pointers. Please take the time to read the “Sticky” threads in the “Victory Forums Rules and New Members Introductions” forum. This will help you out a LOT with the Victory Forums.

The Search feature is your friend! You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature, please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.

Please add the year and model of your bike to your signature, so we know how to help when you ask a question

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey, Newbie!!

I am in St Augustine. I picked up a blue XC about a little over a month ago.

I made the decision after spending a good bit of time on a Kingpin and test riding the Street Glide, and the XC.
I have been an avid sportbike rider for more than 20 years. The Victory handles far better than everything else I rode.
I am dragging the floorboards on a regular basis with no issues.

Short version: To date, I am very happy with my decision. Now I just need to get some replaceable teflon skid pucks for the bottom edges of my floorbards:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts