Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, Just brought a 08 vegas low yesterday, Loving it!! Victory for live! Riding in South Island New Zealand!!! This looks like a great forum site, awesome!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi its all black love the bike traded my vn900 on it just after xmas.
Have done a few mods put the 2" extended foot mounts on changed the turn signals.
Going to get a few other bits soon.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
Congrats on your recent purchase and welcome to the forum.

Ride Safe!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers everyone, went for a 2.5hr ride this evening, very impressed. loving my hid headlight too haha

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vic1.jpg This is a pic of my vegas, have removed the rear seat and pegs, i think it looks better..
Mods so far:
HID headlight kit.
S&S Induction.
Mustang seat.

Thinking about air brushing and changing to black, any thoughts?

·
Registered
742 Posts
I don't know man. I think I'd ride it for a bit and see what "speaks" to you. You know, kind of like living in a house for a while and get a feel for the "feng shui" before making changes. In the end, of course, it's your bike so you do what you want, eh? thumb up

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Riding last night and broke the clutch cable at gearbox end grrr, oh well **** happens.. my bike seems to sit up really high in the rear end eh

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just the equalizer.. Haven't had any issues with the cable was thinking of getting the easy pull clutch lever tho.
When you bike is idling do you have a whistling sound ? not sure if its the fuel pump or a vac leak somewhere.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Yip keen, you only got equalizer or leds? ya had any issues with your clutch cable?
If you go into the tech section and do a search for clutch cables, you will probably come up w/quite a few posts re. such. I would look carefully at the shift pinion shaft to see if there are any burrs or what not that might interfere w/the clutch cable movement. I would also remove the clutch lever and check it for any burrs/sharp edges (left from the casting process) that would catch on the cable. My clutch lever had several such imperfections and I used small files of various types (flat, half-round, etc.) to clean up the imperfections. Hopefully you won't have to deal w/this again. cheers

·
Registered
742 Posts
Just the equalizer.. Haven't had any issues with the cable was thinking of getting the easy pull clutch lever tho.
When you bike is idling do you have a whistling sound ? not sure if its the fuel pump or a vac leak somewhere.
Most members would not recommend he EZ pull. Can't recall exactly why at the moment, but again, if you do a search you'll find a thread or two discussing the pros and cons of it. cheers

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
View attachment 64729 This is a pic of my vegas, have removed the rear seat and pegs, i think it looks better..
Mods so far:
HID headlight kit.
S&S Induction.
Mustang seat.

Thinking about air brushing and changing to black, any thoughts?
Nice machine! Very nice! My timings out I bought s VegasLow 4 mths ago and had to buy pillion seat, factory pegs n brackets, backrest, couldve maybe bought yours! :)
Welcome to the forum, theres lots of good info and ideas here,
I was thinking the same way as always had black bikes had yhoughts of painting mine black but the mettalic blue grew on me as did allthe bling...didnt change the bike just my attitude and really if I wanted black on black on black I woulve been better off flicking mine for a profit and buying an 8ball.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice machine! Very nice! My timings out I bought s VegasLow 4 mths ago and had to buy pillion seat, factory pegs n brackets, backrest, couldve maybe bought yours! :)
Welcome to the forum, theres lots of good info and ideas here,
I was thinking the same way as always had black bikes had yhoughts of painting mine black but the mettalic blue grew on me as did allthe bling...didnt change the bike just my attitude and really if I wanted black on black on black I woulve been better off flicking mine for a profit and buying an 8ball.
How do you find your bike with power commander, any pics of your bike?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts