Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Welcome. Take a few out on demo when the demo truck comes around. I picked up a 2011 CrossRoads and am enjoying it.Very nice ride and handles good.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Chipmaker the Victory top box and rack is a very expensive set up. The other draw back to some is the box and rack weigh around 50-lbs. Ask to see one taken off at the dealer and try to pick it up off the ground to put it back on. If money and weight are not a problem it is a very nice setup for a passenger.

·
Registered
579 Posts
HD RG rider researching Victory CCTs...
Welcome to the forum, lots of good reading here, but the best thing is a test ride or two.

I was on an 07 Ultra Classic, then I rode a Cross Country.
I do a lot of long distance touring with my Sweetie, so I added the trunk like you mentioned. Haven't taken it off since I put it on. Once you get used to it, the weight is nothing and the added speakers really make the sound system come alive. I've had people following me in cars and they say they could hear my music.

The bike handles very well, strong, fast and it loves curvey roads. Cheryl has told me it spooks her a little because she was used to the way I would ride the HD with its mild lean angle. The XC leans much further so the cornering ability is awesome.

Most Victory dealers have a demo fleet. Take several rides. They'll let you.

Good luck with your search. cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I have road glide set up like a ultra. I think I would miss the trunk.

BTW, do I have to post a certain amount of times before starting a new thread in the Cross Country section??

·
Registered
579 Posts
BTW, do I have to post a certain amount of times before starting a new thread in the Cross Country section??
You have to post 5 times in the intro section before you can post openly on the forum. Its a spam fighting rule. There used to be so many spam postings it was crazy. A couple more posts and you should be able to post anywhere.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
heated grips or ipod cable

Are either of these things, parts I can install after purchase, or are they a pain and I should let dealer install at purchase time?? For a 2012 Cross Country...

·
Registered
579 Posts
The heated grips are standard on the Cross Country Tour, can be added to the Cross Country. The ipod cable is a direct plug in accessory, I'm not sure if any programming has to be done to the radio after that or not. I have XM on mine thru my Zumo 665.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts