Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome BigIron

I've learned a lot about Vics reading these pages. I had an idea of buying one so I came here to see what everyone was saying.

I bought one! thumb up

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A fiend of mine recently traded his Harley for a XCT. I'm thinking of doing the same. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
579 Posts
There are plenty of us here who rode Harleys before coming to Victory. I was riding a 2007 Ultra Classic when I first rode an XC. There was about 6 weeks between that ride and the ride that brought one home.

I did lots of research, here and other places online. Victory gets very high reviews and I thought it was time to make a change.

The only part that sucked is that my 4 year old HD had over 68K miles, the only dealer that would give me more than 10K for it was another HD dealer. That upset me because I had paid close to 25K for it. I decided to just by the Victory then sell the HD outright. After 4 weeks of ads and not one phone call, traded it in on a truck. (got 10K in trade). I tell that story because if (when) you go to trade your HD in, they probably wont offer you what you think its worth. They're not really low balling, its just they wont give more than it could be bought at auction for.

If you haven't ridden one yet, most dealers let you ride one anytime.

There are several threads here you can read about people getting off the HD and on a Victory. If Victory had made the XC in 07 when I bought the Ultra, I probably would not have bought it.

I'm very happy that I made the switch.

·
13,185 Posts
Hi, all. Looking forward to learning about the Victory experience.
Go back into your profile and add year and model of your bike it will help you and us if you have questions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Currently have a 2001 Road King, and a 2010 Ultra Limited. Need to sell the Road King, and trade the Limited for an XCT. Or hit the lottery and just buy more bikes.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Welcome Bigiron. I was on the doorstep of buying my first HD when I test road my current Vic and am glad I did! Saved my self some bucks and am very happy with my purchase. I am also glad about finding this forum! Wealth of knowledge here and great group of regular readers putting out some good info!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 2010 Limited was a surprise present from my wife, last year. Had I known, I would "hinted" for an XCT.

·
Registered
579 Posts
nice present!

The XCT didn't exist last year. I bought my XC, added the trunk, then when they came out with the XCT, I bought the hard lowers and adjustable passenger floor boards.. I just couldn't see trading an 11 in on a 12.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome! I too am looking forward to the Victory family. I almost got a Harley but glade I didnt. I love the ride of my Vegas Jackpot!

·
Registered
579 Posts
With Victory only being 13 years old, most of us came from another brand. For what ever reason, the other brands don't get much mention.

·
Registered
17 Posts
imo, victory has come a long way in a short period. They really have something here in these bikes. I find it very hard to look at different brands and not compare them to my past vic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts