Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a windshield option for my Gunner and I was wondering if I could get a measurement from a newer Vegas? I'm looking for the width of the forks at the triple trees end to end. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm trying to find a windshield option for my Gunner and I was wondering if I could get a measurement from a newer Vegas? I'm looking for the width of the forks at the triple trees end to end. Thanks in advance!
Hey man, I'll measure mine later this afternoon when I get home from work. I'll also give you the measurements of my victory mini windshield clamps.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm looking more for the width between the legs. I ordered a memphis shades kit for a different victory and it is about 2" too narrow. I completely butchered the brackets trying to make it work.

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
I'm looking more for the width between the legs. I ordered a memphis shades kit for a different victory and it is about 2" too narrow. I completely butchered the brackets trying to make it work.
"Between the legs"?
"end to end"?
where exactly would you like measured?
43mm is is indeed the diameter of the fork tube @kevinx
I have a 2010 Vegas and would speculate the fork measurements , spacings between the tubes and also between the legs, as well as tube diameter are the same as the latest Vegas.
I could be wrong.
Where exactly would you like measured?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
End to end. I just need to figure out what the difference in width is between the Gunner/HB and the Vegas.

·
13,048 Posts
gunner triple tree p/n 5137650-463
high ball triple tree p/n 5137650-463

these 2 are the same. Did you think maybe they sent you wrong part

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need to compare the gunner/HB to the Vegas front end. They did send me the right part it's just that it did not fit my Gunner and I thought I could modify it. I'm just trying to find a different option than the victory one at more than $500.

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
End to end. I just need to figure out what the difference in width is between the Gunner/HB and the Vegas.
End of what to end of where?
You know exactly where you want measured but its not communicating.
Try posting a pic clearly showing a tape measure on the relevant points.
All those bikes are built from the same Vegas platform so should be the same.
More specific info needed....a pic is ideal.
VJ has already stated the triple tree part nos are the same.

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Töo easy! My 2010 Vegas measures roughly 11 3/4" or 300mm
Thats eyeballing the tape as its hard to get a truly precise measurement around two curved tubes a distance apart.
However my bet is its enough to tell you Vegas Highball Gunner and Jackpot all the same across the forks because basically theyre all the same bike with visual styling changes to appeal to different riders.
What does yours measure at?

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
Errrrr.... Closer look at your pic
It says INDIAN on youre top tree.
That looks more like an Indian Scout than any Gunner Ive seen lately, or new Vegas for that.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's all I could find on the phone. I traded the Scout for the Gunner. Thanks for the measurements...I'll see if I can maybe make a national cycle quick release work. Here is my Gunner with Highball wheels...

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
It's all I could find on the phone. I traded the Scout for the Gunner. Thanks for the measurements...I'll see if I can maybe make a national cycle quick release work. Here is my Gunner with Highball wheels...
cool!...and it measures up same as mine hey?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll get some measurements tomorrow. I ordered memphis shades quick change brackets with the pop top sportshield thinking that I could make it work. The brackets ended up being 22mm too narrow on each side. I first made some stainless brackets to make up the width, but once I did that I couldn't get anything to line up right. Then I just bent the brackets to where they should have been and that was a no go. Long story short, it was a disaster and a waste of money.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That was my Indian in the pictures with the switchblade qr brackets. National Cycle used my bike to develop their products for the Scout. It's too bad they don't have any of that stuff for the Gunner and Highball.

·
Premium Member
8,844 Posts
So you got it for free anyway.....
Quit yr complaining :)
You could give em your Gunner for windscreen development!
If ya can stay off it long enough that is....I'm addicted to my Vegas and suffer withdrawal symptoms if seperated for more than a day or two at the most!
As a Vegas owner/rider, when I sat on a Scout it felt small, almost like sitting on a 70's trail bike, I'm sure it went better than one though!
So how long did you ride the Scout for and I'd be interested to hear your comparisons and also thoughts of how youd think a Scout based Victory engine would be in a cruiser type frame.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had the Scout all season long and I think it's a great engine. A few more cc's and I think it would be awesome in a larger cruiser like the Vic. I got rid of it because I had a couple of issues with it that I didn't have time to deal with by having to stop in the stealer all of the time. I learned my lesson and will never buy a first year bike.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts